IBM's reported interest in buying Sun Microsystems has Java and open-source community members expressing both hopes and worries about the implications of such a deal on the tools, applications and open-source projects they use every day.
Vodafone has introduced global SLAs (service level agreements) for its managed mobility services, including voice and data. The goal is to offer large enterprises better transparency and predictability, it said on Wednesday.
Microsoft Wednesday showed off four experimental technologies that it is developing at adCenter Labs, its advertising research group.
IBM is in talks to buy Sun Microsystems for as much as US$6.5 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.
Architecture and design company Woods Bagot has saved more than $440,000 by deploying a video conferencing across its 15 sites in Sydney, Dubai and San Francisco.
Acer plans to launch its first non-Windows smartphone in the second half of this year, according to company representatives.
Google unveiled on Tuesday a new beta release of its Chrome browser, offering improvements in speed and capabilities, such as full page zoom.
EMC Corp.'s Iomega Corp. division Tuesday unveiled new features for the Iomega StorCenter ix2 network-attached storage (NAS) drive, including Web access and peer-to-peer file sharing.
Sun Microsystems is making a fresh push into the cloud services market, starting with hosted computing and storage services that it will offer to developers later this year.
Social networking Web sites such as Facebook and Twitter, and other technologies like IM and VoIP, are better connecting the young with the old, and strengthening family relationships, according to a new survey.
After months of development and hundreds of bug fixes, the open source photo manager digiKam has reached a significant milestone with the 0.10.0 final release for KDE4 and Windows.
VoIP provider MyNetFone has announced that it will provide a nationwide Naked ADSL service
Dell today unveiled what it claims is the world's thinnest laptop. The Adamo will be released under the Adamo by Dell brand name. Aimed at users who are after a fashionable and well-crafted product, the Adamo will be priced from $3699 for the standar...
No accountability for blacklists, yet Watchdog's word is final.
Diebold has released a security fix for its Opteva automated teller machines after cyber criminals apparently broke into the systems at one or more businesses in Russia and installed malicious software.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW