Frustrated by Oracle's delay in releasing the latest version of OpenSolaris, the OpenSolaris Governing Board (OGB) is growing uneasy over Oracle's lack of communication regarding the future of the Unix OS code.
Advanced Micro Devices reported a net profit for the first quarter of 2010 on Thursday, holding up a streak that started the previous quarter.
Ericsson has partnered with international sports network EPSN, providing the broadcaster with technology that will allow its new ESPN 3D network to deliver 3D transmissions of live sporting events.
Local VoIP provider Engin has introduced three new bundle plans. Dubbed VoIP Ignition, the plans are available for $69, $89 and $109 per month and include broadband access with a data quota that can be used without on- and off-peak periods.
Australia's three main telcos -- VHA, Telstra and Optus -- have all announced today that they are offering a series of mobile broadband plans for the upcoming Apple iPad.
Telstra has launched the T-Hub, which it describes is a "new generation of home phone" that the telco hopes will boost declining fixed-line rentals in Australia homes. The T-Hub will be available to purchase next Tuesday and its touch screen lets the...
Russian authorities raided HP's Moscow offices Wednesday looking for clues in a multimillion-dollar bribery investigation.
There's been a lot of buzz regarding Apple's new iPhone Developer Agreement the past couple days.
In order to feed iPad demand in its home country, Apple has delayed the iPad's overseas launch until the end of May.
Hackers broke into a server used by the Apache Software Foundation to keep track of software bugs.
XCOM is back, but not how you remember it. The classic sci-fi tactical strategy game, originally released by Microprose and Mythos Games, has been re-imagined as a first person shooter by 2K Marin.
Billions of Twitter posts will no longer fade into obscurity now that Google is indexing them all in a massive, searchable database.
Microsoft yesterday modified its support policy on service packs, and will now take calls from customers running outdated editions of Windows.
Apple's momentum in the mobile computing space with its open source movement, similar to how open source took the steam out of the sails of Sun Microsystems, the executive director of the Linux Foundation stressed on Wednesday.
Twitter is promising new tools for developers to help them make better use of the 55 million tweets being pumped out every day by people who use its service.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC