Communications Minister Stephen Conroy appears to have backed a so-called 'opt-out' model for the National Broadband Network where Australians would be required to choose not to have fibre internet connected to their premises -- as opposed to the cur...
Hewlett-Packard will use Windows 7 in a tablet exclusively for enterprises, while making a consumer-oriented unit based on WebOS, Personal Systems Group executive Phil McKinney confirmed Wednesday at the annual AlwaysOn Stanford Summit.
Panasonic unveiled a slew of new Lumix cameras just last week, but the company wasn't quite done with its winter camera and camcorder announcements.
Asian telco Pacnet has joined the Pacific Fibre consortium which is aiming to build an undersea fibre telecommunications cable between Australia, New Zealand the Unites States.
Panasonic unveiled its first two consumer camcorders capable of recording video in 3D on Wednesday.
Canonical is offering enterprises a chance to try cloud computing via a virtual appliance that bundles Ubuntu Linux with the IBM DB2 Express-C database running on the Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) public cloud platform.
If there's one technology that can greatly improve computing environments of any size, it's virtualization. By using a single physical server to run many virtual servers, you can decrease operational costs and get far more bang for your buck. Whether...
HP is bringing prefab building construction to the data center world.
At a launch today in Sydney, Google Australia's engineering director Alan Noble announced Student Voice, a Web site targeting young people interested in the 2010 Federal election.
Memory maker SanDisk has ousted its latest USB flash drive, claiming it's the smallest that the company has ever released.
At an event at Google's Australian headquarters in Sydney, the search giant announced the launch of a Web site allowing Australians to track the search popularity of political parties, leaders and election policies.
Apple this morning released Australian pricing on its refreshed iMac and Mac Pro lines, as well as a new multi-touch trackpad peripheral. However, it has not yet released Australian pricing for its new 27" LED display, saying only that "international...
The ABC's iView catch-up television service is now available on Sony's Internet-connected BRAVIA televisions and Blu-ray players.
All the most commonly used Internet browsers are vulnerable to exploits that can force them to cough up users' personal information that can be used to hack into bank accounts or set them up for other attacks, the Black Hat 2010 conference will be to...
Sony Online Entertainment is introducing EverQuest II Extended -- a free-to-play version of the popular massively multiplayer online game that exists separately from the subscription model.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCIdentity and Access Management SMENSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCWeb Application SpecialistSA
- CCSiebel DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- PTService Management Analyst (Part-Time)SA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTSolution DesignerNSW
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleVIC
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT