Google said on Friday it will resume collection of Street View images in four countries following the removal of Wi-Fi data collection equipment that thrust the company into the spotlight of data protection officials worldwide.
Intel has no plans to shelve its Celeron processor brand in 2011, the chip maker said Friday in response to a Taiwanese press report.
The days of having to use a different power supply unit (PSU) for every laptop could be drawing to a close with reports that the IEEE industry body is looking at the possibility of a universal standard.
Java development has supplanted IT security as the most difficult skill set for hiring managers to locate.
Firefox 4's first beta is 27% faster than Mozilla's more stable browser, Firefox 3.6.6, but still lags behind rivals including Chrome, Opera and Safari, benchmark tests show.
SAP has vowed to make all data from its systems that would be useful on the move available on mobile devices.
The problem with Apple's iPhone 4 Facetime commercial is that not everyone has an iPhone 4, and that's just not happening.
Advocates of the concept called singularity envision a future in which humans and technology fully converge, but a keynote speaker at the World Future Society conference voiced skepticism about the idea, citing the complexities of the human mind.
Yahoo's real estate site will rely exclusively on Zillow for sales listings, as Yahoo continues its trend of handing over some of its portal services to specialists.
Even after cutting a damages award in a file-sharing case to one-tenth the original sum, a judge said Friday the new fine was still excessive.
Although many people already are engrossed in cyberspace, judging by the amount of communicating, socializing and commerce conducted online, we're at the advent of what will be a near total immersion in technology and the Internet, according to a tec...
After a slow start, a larger number of PCs are using the 64-bit version of Windows 7, and the OS will soon become the norm as users move to 64-bit computing, Microsoft said on Thursday.
Patent holding company NTP, which received a US$612.5 million settlement from BlackBerry marker Research In Motion in a patent infringement case, has filed patent lawsuits against six makers of smartphones or related software, including Apple and Goo...
Google's Orkut social networking site has been beset with bugs lately, leading the company to apologize for spotty service.
Google's recent restoration of Google.cn may have helped the company secure a renewal of its Internet Content Provider (ICP) license in China, but the search site provides precious few search services to users.
The Xiro XPLORER V Drone’s distinctive shape increases stability in air. Flying has never been easier thanks to the smart flight assistance and auto-hovering functions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- TPRelease and Deployment MangerACT
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Tibco Integration SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .VIC
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTEnvironment/ Oracle/ Active Directory Support AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTInsights AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD