Microsoft today said it will deliver four security updates next week to patch five vulnerabilities in Windows and Office, including the bug that a Google researcher took public a month ago.
In a joint announcement today at NBN Co's offices in Sydney, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy and NBN Co CEO Mike Quigley revealed the 19 locations for the second stage rollout of the National Broadband Network (NBN) rollout.
Though 3D-capable cameras are nothing new, two new additions to Sony's 2010 Cyber-shot line are notable for their 3D-shooting capabilities: They're the first everyday point-and-shoot cameras that offer 3D imaging capabilities, and they create 3D phot...
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy's department -- Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy (DBCDE) -- has set up a trial Twitter account, joining what it described as the "tweeps".
Thirty-five percent of companies believe that their organisation's sensitive information has been given to competitors, according to a new survey.
In the past, companies built data centers like parents buy clothes for their children: Buy big and wait for the kids to grow into them.
Australia's third-largest Internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has struck a deal with FetchTV to distribute an IPTV service to its customers.
Vodafone today increased the data quota and cut excess fees (on capped plans) on its mobile broadband plans, with four new postpaid and one new prepaid options.
News of hacked iTunes user accounts made headlines earlier this week, but it turns out only a very small fraction of users were affected.
Bluetooth is being primed to boldly go where it has never gone before.
Verizon mocked Apple and its new iPhone 4 in a New York Times ad this week. Promoting its flagship Droid X, Verizon's ad states: "Most importantly, it comes with a double antenna design. The kind that allows you to hold the phone any way you like and...
Canadian teen heart-throb Justin Bieber is most searched person on the internet, says Ask Jeeves.
The hacker group known as iPhone Dev-Team apparently is close to unlocking iPhone 4 in order to run unofficial apps and to use other GSM cellular networks besides AT&T.
Despite all claims by PC purists that the iPad is a toy that has no real purpose--especially in the corporate world, there are large enterprises embracing the tablet device.
The U.S. National Security Agency is building a system that would help detect cyber-attacks on critical U.S. infrastructure, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal that cites unnamed sources.
The Xiro XPLORER V Drone’s distinctive shape increases stability in air. Flying has never been easier thanks to the smart flight assistance and auto-hovering functions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw
- Attackers are now abusing exposed LDAP servers to amplify DDoS attacks
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA
- CCWintel EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperACT
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCInformation Content EditorVIC
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportSA
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportNSW