The Facebook page that led the Pakistan government to ban the entire site was back online Saturday, at least for some users, after it was inaccessible for about two days.
Oracle has bought UK <a href="http://www.secerno.com/?gclid=CPHdsPyK46ECFUcA4wodtUUIKg">database security startup Secerno</a> for an undisclosed sum, bringing to an end the independence of one of the last decade's most unusual UK-based startups.
After months of speculation, Google Thursday unveiled Google TV , described as a way to meld surfing the Internet with channel surfing.
Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is asking German authorities for a copy of the sentence a Munich court handed in the case of two former Siemens managers found guilty of bribery to obtain telecom contracts in Nigeria.
Google launched a <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/196932/encrypted_search_comes_to_google.html">new beta service this week</a>--encrypted search using SSL (secure sockets layer) to protect searches from being snooped or intercepted while trav...
Two NASA astronauts today installed two new batteries on the International Space Station's solar array, which should keep the orbiter powered up for years to come.
Holographic TV is the future, literally. Japanese tech-heads revealed proposals to FIFA this week to host the 2022 World Cup, offering with it holographic broadcasts to the globe.
Another attack using rogue Facebook applications hit users' PCs Saturday in a virtual repeat of last weekend's massive assault, security researchers said.
Anyone wondering about the level of interest in the HTML5 specification need only have tried to get into a standing room-only session on the topic at Google's developer conference on Wednesday afternoon.
Chinese handset and telecommunication equipment maker ZTE showed off its first handset designed for Japan, a model that's intended for elderly cell-phone users.
The keyboard on the Motorola Droid makes that smartphone great for cranking out e-mail while you're on the move. The HTC Desire and Google Nexus One are good choices, too, if you don’t mind typing on glass. Why not make your workday more pleasant and...
Intel hopes to establish a larger presence in TVs and set-top boxes with the Google TV platform, but the company has to overcome major hurdles including past failures and pricing concerns, analysts said.
Namco's big yellow guy turns 30 today and Google celebrates by turning their logo into a playable game of Pac-Man for the day. This "doodle" (the official name for Google's holiday makeovers) has 255 levels plus a 256th-level kill screen, just like t...
Positive press and word of mouth from very satisfied owners has convinced one-in-five U.S. consumers to buy an Apple iPad, a survey published today said.
Netbooks may have won over many users with their relatively low cost and small size, but Dell doesn't see the lightweight machines ever replacing laptops with more powerful processors inside.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT