Drupal Gardens, the planned cloud version of the open source Drupal content management system, went into a public beta stage Thursday, thus making it widely available for tryouts , said Drupal founder Dries Buytaert.
Dell will pay US$100 million to resolve an investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission into the company's past accounting and financial reporting practices, it said Thursday.
A sequence of errors led to Dell's delivery of motherboards with malware and the company is in the process of overhauling its testing process to resolve issues before dispatching hardware to customers, it said on Thursday.
Every new IBM mainframe says something about the times we live in, and today's latest mainframe release is no different. The zEnterprise system, as it is now called, has become a cross-platform management system, a sovereign of other systems.
AOL Thursday opened a new smartphone portal and introduced an application that will initially be exclusive to Android.
Google and IBM came out on top as the leading cloud computing vendors in a survey of developers revealed this week by Evans Data.
The release of Office 2010, as well as continued strong sales of Windows 7, helped buoy Microsoft through another quarter of increased revenue and profit, the company announced on Thursday.
Motorola has amended a two-year-old industrial spying lawsuit to include competitor Huawei Technologies, which Motorola claims received valuable technology from its own rogue employees.
Nokia reported flat sales for the second quarter, with a 40 percent year-on-year drop in earnings. The company is still seeing customers shun its high-end smartphones.
The amount of cash in circulation is continuously increasing and the vision of a 'cashless society' will not become a reality in the foreseeable future, according to Ovum.
Internet searches surged during the World Cup soccer tournament, helping Baidu.com score its best quarter ever in terms of revenue and net profit.
Law enforcement officials from 38 states have sent a letter to Google, asking the company whether it tested its Street View mapping software before discovering it was snooping on Wi-Fi networks as the Street View cars drove through neighborhoods.
The GSM technology used by the majority of the world's mobile phones will get some scrutiny at next week's Black Hat security conference, and what the security researchers there have to say isn't pretty.
Swedish indie folk singer Jose Gonzalez recently treated Rockstar's New York office to an acoustic rendition of Far Away, which features on the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack. The song appears in the game during John Marston's sojourn to Mexico. Reli...
Research In Motion has been slowly releasing details of its forthcoming BlackBerry 6 operating system and this week outlined some of the multimedia features.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- PTService Management Analyst (Part-Time)SA
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCService Design SpecialistNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW