Microsoft will officially launch Office 2010 to businesses at an event slated for May 12.
More than 10 billion tweets have been posted on micro-blogging service Twitter.
Oracle made significant increases this week in the cost of technical certification exams for Sun and Oracle technologies.
India added 487,000 jobs in its IT and BPO (business process outsourcing) export industries in the quarter ended Dec. 31, despite the global recession, according to a Quarterly Quick Employment Survey by the country's labor bureau.
One thousand members of the Public and Commercial Services (PCS) union will go on a 48-hour strike at HP on Monday after the company refused to extend its job security guarantee beyond October.
Philips is gearing up for this year's Fifa World Cup with the launch of a range of LCD TVs that are 3D Ready.
A global survey of IT professionals has revealed a fairly upbeat picture of life in the tech department. Hiring is set to rise modestly, budgets are now stable and salaries could even be rising a bit.
A mobile phone with Google's Android operating system that was delayed in China will now ship next week, in the latest sign that Android has gone largely unscathed by a row between Google and the Chinese government.
A legal firm which has accused a number of Brits of illegally file-sharing, is being investigated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
Criminals re-used an attack from 2008 to hit the Internet with a huge wave of ransomware in recent weeks, a security company has reported.
While Microsoft still isn't commenting on whether current Windows Mobile phones will be upgradeable to its new Windows Phone 7 software, it has finally officially revealed that existing applications won't work on the new platform.
Apple's iPad will fly out of stores when it goes on sale in four weeks, and will build momentum through the back-to-school and into the holiday selling seasons, analysts said today.
A new industry group is trying to apply open-source principles to the design and construction of data centers, which it says could accelerate the use of new technologies and increase competition in the industry.
With its acquisition of DocVerse, announced Friday, Google is offering an online component to Microsoft Word before Microsoft does so itself.
Full-body scanners were installed at Boston Logan International Airport on Friday, a technology that some see as important in identifying terrorist threats but which others worry is an invasion of privacy.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT