Organizations with top executives who aren't involved in cybersecurity decisions face a serious problem -- a major hit to their bottom lines, according to a report released Wednesday.
With the latest version of its Tuxedo online transaction processing (OLTP) middleware, Oracle is hoping to lure IBM mainframe users over to the world of x86-based distributed computing, namely by promising that their applications will run just as qui...
An Israeli startup stepped out from behind the curtain Wednesday and revealed itself as the technology provider for Microsoft's Project Natal, the upcoming motion-control system for its Xbox 360.
The e-mail accounts of eight foreign journalists working in China and Taiwan were hacked recently, leading Yahoo to suspend several of the accounts last week, the Foreign Correspondent's Club of China (FCCC) said Wednesday.
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) grabbed a bigger piece of the global market in the fourth quarter of 2009.
Mobile phones should be fitted with porn filters to stop children accessing inappropriate content from their handsets, says Professor Tanya Byron.
Greenpeace has charged that Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, Google and others are contributing to global warming by using coal to power data centers for their cloud-based services. The charges are dramatic --- but are they on target?
French search specialist Exalead thinks it's cracked one of the big challenges of search, making video searchable, and has landed a high-profile customer to prove it: the Web site of France's President.
Orthodox server designs are receiving a face-lift with Intel's Nehalem-EX processor, with vendors implementing new memory features to boost application performance.
A new report from Greenpeace warns that the growth in cloud computing will be accompanied by a sharp rise in greenhouse gas emissions, and calls on big companies like Facebook, Yahoo and Google to do more to help the environment.
The growth of mobile broadband connections is outpacing other Internet connections in Australia, increasing 40 per cent between June and December 2009.
A touchpad manufacturer that last year sued Apple for patent infringement filed a complaint Monday with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), asking it to ban imports of Apple products, including the iPad and iPhone.
Google says that politically motivated malware has been used to spy on Vietnamese computer users and attack activist blogs over the past several months.
The City of Plovdiv in Bulgaria booted council member Dimitar Kerin for playing FarmVille during council meetings. His defense? Fellow councilman Daniela Zhelyazkova was already at level 46 while Kerin was only at level 40.
With classic video games like The Sims and Spore under his belt, Will Wright is devoting his creativity to a form of media that truly needs it -- reality television. IGN recently learned that Wright will be helping produce a program called <em>The Cr...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW