Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has described Opposition Leader Tony Abbott as "reckless" and election promises to save millions by dropping a training fund for Telstra employees and other sections of NBN Co's deal with Telstra as "senseless c...
British Petroleum admits it doctored an image posted on its Website of its Houston, Texas crisis room.
Australia and Japan appear to have signed a bilateral agreement relating to broadband, with NBN chief executive, Mike Quigley, and other government officials having met with Japanese Communications Minister, Kazuhiro Haraguchi, this week, according t...
Telstra is conducting a review of its management structure that <a href="http://www.smh.com.au/business/telstra-jobs-to-go-20100721-10krb.html">could reportedly see up to 330 senior staff lose their jobs</a> - many of whom are believed to be on six f...
The new version of the Terracotta distributed Java caching software is able, for the first time, to aggregate more than a terabyte of pooled memory for a single application and its data, the company announced this week.
The number of job offers to IT contractors surged 320 percent from May to June, according to a survey from pre-employment screening firm Powerchex.
Flipboard, a new iPad application that presents the news links in a user's Twitter and Facebook media streams in the style of a magazine, launched to immediate adulation on Wednesday but the rush of users meant a few glitches for early adopters.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola today said fewer than one-tenth of 1% of the new Droid X <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/75/Smartphones">smartphones</a> that have been sold have experienced a "flickering" or "banding" on the display, and ...
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday quashed rumors of HP Slate's demise, saying the tablet with the Windows 7 OS may still be sold to customers.
Despite fears caused by the European debt crisis, spending on technology products and services is set to continue growing around the world, although the pace of growth in Europe overall will be lower, Forrester Research said in a report released Tues...
Microsoft on Tuesday said that hackers could exploit the unpatched Windows shortcut vulnerability using drive-by download attacks that would trigger an infection when people simply surf to a malicious Web site.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has extended settlement talks with Intel in the agency's antitrust investigation into the chip maker's treatment of its rivals.
Microsoft has released a beta for the next version of its free security software, Security Essentials, according to a blog post.
A few years ago, we had the local electric company do a home energy audit. Our 19th-century house was hard to heat, and as we suspected, the inspector found we didn't have enough insulation. But our most cost-effective change turned out to be the pur...
Dell is apparently warning customers that "a small number" of its PowerEdge R410 server motherboards may contain malicious software.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT