If you use Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, or any of the ever-growing array of Google services, you may have cringed at the trove of personal data the company has gathered. To allay concerns, Google launched Dashboard, a single page housing priv...
A dangerous vulnerability in Internet Explorer 6 and 7 became publicly known before a fix was available, raising the specter of a high-risk zero-day attack. The bug involves the way IE handles Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) objects, and could let an at...
Rackspace experienced an outage yesterday — a recurring issue this year for the hosted data center provider — which took down a number of high profile sites including the popular blog site TechCrunch. No network is impervious to outages, ...
The Motorola Droid might be partially responsible for a huge jump in consumer awareness and popularity of the Android operating system, but there is still one thing the Droid does — but doesn't do very well: support multitouch.
The MySQL developer community has released the first public iteration of what will be the next version of MySQL, version 5.5.
Oracle's workforce fell by 1,273 during the second quarter of its 2010 fiscal year, according to an earnings report released Thursday.
The disclosure that Iraqi insurgents were able to intercept live video feeds from U.S. drones has focused the spotlight on a familiar IT security issue: data encryption.
Hackers redirected Twitter.com's traffic to a rogue Web site for more than an hour early today by accessing its DNS records using an account assigned to Twitter, the company that manages Twitter's DNS (Domain Name System) servers said today.
Despite the downturn, Mac sales continue unabated. Whether it's a result of the Windows XP-to-Windows 7 upgrade debacle, the hip "Get a Mac" ads, or a halo effect from the successful iPod and iPhone lines, many consumers are probably celebrating thei...
The Cloud Security Alliance has taken a second run at creating recommendations for businesses to follow in order to better secure cloud services.
Avaya's purchase of Nortel is final as of Friday, with Avaya promising integrated voice/data branch-office gear and an aggressive integration of Nortel's products and roughly 6,000 personnel.
The OMG (Object Management Group) expects to have a final version of the BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) 2.0 specification, featuring capabilities such as collaborative process modeling, adopted in mid-2010, OMG said on Friday.
The FireFound add-on for the Firefox browser adds tracking and remote wipe features that can help with lost or stolen computers.
Google's Android operating system has plenty to celebrate this holiday season -- and now, a new trio of studies suggests the platform is poised for even more success in 2010.
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) revealed this Thursday a host of new innovations to be featured its next iteration of the popular Bluetooth wireless protocol.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- CCCRM Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT