U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski on Tuesday laid out some details, including an ambitious "100 Squared" initiative, that will be part of the agency's National Broadband Plan that it will send to Congress in March.
Hewlett-Packard Co. today upgraded to its entry-level modular storage array, and added network failover features to its midrange array via its SAN/iQ SAN clustering software.
Hola! On day two of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, we managed to go from cursing our mediocre Internet to praising Orange Spain for its handy wireless broadband. We were also treated to a number of new Android smartphones, including two that are...
In the middle of groundbreaking announcements from the likes of Microsoft, Nokia and Samsung, LG has so far been fairly quiet at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Jointly unveiled by HTC and Telstra at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, HTC's Desire will be the first Android smartphone available through Telstra. We were fortunate to get a quick hands-on demo with the new handset. So is it really desirable?
Telstra has announced it will be selling HTC's latest Android smartphone, the HTC Desire, in Australia.
High Tech Computer (HTC), the world's biggest maker of Windows Mobile and Google Android OS smartphones, is working on technologies for applications used in handsets and application stores and plans to put this software to use but not until a later t...
I had some pretty big expectations for the next generation of Windows phones; the 6.5 update just didn't cut it. I wanted a smooth, super touch-friendly user interface that is easy to navigate. Oh, and full integration with the Zune software. To my d...
One of the two new smartphones with Google's Android mobile operating system that High Tech Computer (HTC) plans to start selling in March isn't officially billed as an update to Nexus One, but its design is similar and it offers improvements over th...
Australian Internet service provider AAPT has launched the country's first residential ADSL2+ broadband plans without a download quota.
Samsung yesterday launched its 2010 notebook range high above Sydney Harbour.
Telstra has upgraded its Next G network to support speeds of up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in parts of Australia and has also released a new mobile broadband device to take advantage of the upgrade.
Adobe on Monday introduced the Flash Player 10.1 and AIR platform for the Google Android mobile operating system. With this announcement, Adobe plans to present the AIR platform as a tool for building mobile apps that run on multiple phone platforms.
At the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Microsoft revealed the first major details for the first line of Windows 7-compatible phones, including games and Xbox Live compatibility.
Nokia and Intel have become allies in a new clash of the operating systems with the joint creation of the MeeGo. MeeGo is an operating system that blurs the line between a robust mobile phone OS and a lightweight netbook OS.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- What do you get when you cross Star Wars and famous art? This algorithm can show you
- 5 products Intel could cut in its reshuffle
- Tech groups call on presidential candidates to support encryption, embrace other IT issues
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCAEM/CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW