Advanced Micro Devices reported a steep loss and declining revenue for its fourth quarter as the chipmaker continued to suffer amid the faltering economy.
South Korea's Samsung Electronics recorded a net loss for the last three months of 2008, while its net profit for the entire year fell 26 percent, the company said.
Sony CEO Howard Stringer hinted on Thursday that the company has a number of new mobile devices in the pipeline.
A British hacker who sought to find evidence of UFOs on U.S. military computers has another chance at avoiding extradition after a court ruling Friday.
Pope Benedict XVI marked his <a href="http://www.youtube.com/vaticanit">debut on YouTube</a> Friday by releasing a speech in which he praised new communication technologies as powerful instruments for good, while also warning of the potential pitfall...
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC), the world's largest contract chip maker, said the deepening global economic recession hurt its fourth-quarter results. It predicted its sales in the first quarter could be cut in half.
Advanced Micro Devices on Monday said it has no replacement planned for the aging Geode low-power chip, creating uncertainty for its use in products like future XO laptops made by One Laptop Per Child.
Texas Instruments on Monday said it was reducing its headcount by 3,400 as it gears up for a period of "prolonged" economic weakness.
VeriSign said it plans to buy Certicom, just three days after Research In Motion's hostile bid for the security company unraveled.
A day after Encyclopaedia Britannica renewed its vow to make an online push, it became clear how steep of a climb it faces.
The fight to eradicate polio has been given a significant monetary boost through new funds pledged by the Bill Gates' charitable foundation, Rotary International and the British and German governments.
Toshiba will delay by one year the construction of two chip plants in Japan as a result of the poor global economic conditions and continued low prices for flash memory chips, according to a Tuesday morning report by Japanese public broadcaster NHK.
Intel has asked for a meeting with Advanced Micro Devices to discuss how its formation of The Foundry Co. may affect long-standing cross-licensing agreements between the two companies, AMD said in a regulatory filing Thursday.
Sony revealed on Thursday the extent to which the global economic downturn is hurting its business, as it slashed its annual sales forecast by US$15 billion, reversed a forecast profit to a loss and readied its domestic workforce for job cuts.
Microsoft and Sun Microsystems aren't the only top IT vendors laying off employees. IBM may have quietly let more than 2800 workers go, according to the Alliance@IBM union, which expects even more job cuts at the company.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- RiteAid blocks Apple Pay, Google Wallet
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- Neural networks draw on context to improve machine translations
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- China develops its first homegrown server amid cybersecurity concerns
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW