Just a few weeks after launching the HTC Evo 4G, Sprint Monday introduced the Samsung Epic 4G smartphone, which features a four-inch AMOLED touchscreen and a slide-out Qwerty keyboard.
Apple today announced that it and its carrier partners had sold 1.7 million iPhone 4s in the first three days of the new smartphone's availability.
Speculation is spreading around the Web that Google is building a site that could be a Facebook-killer.
Microsoft took another shot at rival Google today as it touted the support it provides for Office 2010.
Microsoft has released a patch for Visual Studio 2010 intended to address insufficient memory messages developers are getting when doing small cut or copy operations.
While data-center managers have long used heat maps to help determine where to best position racks of servers and cooling units, this mode of visualization can also be handy for better understanding system latency, argues an Oracle engineer in the Ju...
Prices of DRAM, the main memory chips used in personal computers, fell for the first time in over a year in June as companies increased production and PC vendors toughened their stance on further price increases.
SAP is segmenting its emerging cloud-computing strategy across multiple development platforms, including one code-named "River," which will support lightweight extensions to its on-premises ERP (enterprise resource planning) software.
Google's encrypted search engine, launched in May, has moved to a new Web address that isn't as convenient as its original one but that gives organisations the option to block the site for their users without locking them out of other Google services...
Over the past two years, solid state drives (SSDs) have only been sold directly to laptop or portable device manufacturers or through selected online electronics retail sites.
Microsoft became decidedly more social with SharePoint 2010, adding social networking tools like improved wiki and blog integration, tagging and microblogging into its SharePoint MySites feature.
Google Chrome is now the third-most-popular browser in the U.S., behind Microsoft's Internet Explorer and Mozilla's Firefox, but ahead of Apple's Safari for the first time, according to a study by Web analytics company StatCounter.
MIT Media Lab researchers have developed a mobile-phone application that, coupled with a small plastic device held over the screen, can determine users' eyeglass prescriptions. Called NETRA or near-eye tool for refractive assessment, the system asks ...
The U.S. Supreme Court has ducked the question of whether the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) should continue to issue software patents in a ruling Monday striking down a business-method patent.
SoftLayer aims to let customers pay for only what they need with a new infrastructure-as-a-service pricing model it calls Build Your Own Cloud.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle/PL/SQL) 160930/AP/vtdAsia
- CC.Net DeveloperWA