Cisco Systems today announced the launch of Cisco Smart Storage, its first line of networked-attached desktop storage devices aimed at businesses with fewer than 100 employees.
Few gaming laptops have charmed us as much as the Alienware M11x. It's a bit bulky compared to other 11.6-inch ultraportable notebooks, but absolutely tiny compared to most laptops designed for gaming. It's overclocked Core 2 Duo SU7300 processor and...
Grab your Dramamine and couch-sickness bags, Sony's long anticipated 3D update for its PlayStation 3 video game console will finally be available tomorrow.
More important than its elegant design, improved screen resolution or FaceTime video calling abilities is the iPhone 4's support of five radio bands, one more than the four supported in the iPhone 3GS.
Cisco and Tandberg made their big post-merger entrance at the InfoComm conference in Las Vegas this week, promoting an interoperability protocol that will come on a product in July and introducing some other new products.
No, digital distribution maven and Half-Life publisher Valve won't be unfurling Half-Life 2: Episode 3 at its zombie-press-infested games booth during next week's E3 trade show. That's straight from the computer of Valve's own managing director Gabe ...
Sega's Yakuza series has always had a long wait between each game's Japan release and the eventual U.S. translation. The first game in the series took nine months, with each subsequent release taking over a year to come to the states. The last game w...
Patrick M. Markey, Ph.D. an associate professor of psychology at Villanova University and Charlotte N. Markey, Ph.D. an associate professor at Rutgers University recently collaborated on a study entitled "Vulnerability to Violent Video Games: A Revie...
Google has introduced a new Web indexing system to provide users with more up-to-date search results, the company said Tuesday.
Five months after Google was hit by hackers looking to steal its secrets, technology companies are increasingly warning their shareholders that they may be materially affected by hacking attempts designed to take valuable intellectual property.
Search marketing isn't all about Google these days.
Google today updated Chrome Frame, a plug-in that embeds the company's Chrome browser engine into rival Microsoft's Internet Explorer, to a beta version.
Oracle on Tuesday is unveiling Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g, a pillar of its sprawling middleware stack and competitor to products from IBM, EMC, Open Text and other vendors.
A new client-server software product is designed to secure and manage smartphones and other mobile devices in the enterprise, including iPhones. The vendor, Mobile Application Development Partners, says the software can be installed with no changes t...
Alcatel-Lucent has hit its short-term goal, to reduce its carbon footprint by 10 percent by the end of 2010, a full-year early. The company said the move was aided by significant IT measures.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Forget the robocalypse -- 'Homo connecticus' may be what's coming
- Armies of hacked IoT devices launch unprecedented DDoS attacks
- Illusive Networks seeks to slow Swift attackers through deception
- Microsoft continues pushing hybrid cloud with new launches
- These new features in Office 365 can help users work smarter
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC