A 17-year-old honors student from Pennsylvania admitted to crashing Sony's PlayStation site after being banned for cheating in SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals. He brought down the site for 11 days in November 2008 by infecting it with a virus.
It's probably just a 24 hour bug, but you'll want to leave your glitchy PS3s off in the meantime, just in case, says Sony.
Steve Jobs is such a great salesman that he can actually give us a sense of familiarity with something we don't know anything about.
Despite a report quoting a Microsoft executive saying that no current-generation phones will be upgradeable to the forthcoming Windows Mobile 7, the company refused to confirm those comments.
A study published in the March 2010 issue of Psychological Bulletin claims that it proves a connection between violent video games and aggressive children. Study leader Professor Craig Anderson of Iowa State University said, "exposure to violent vide...
What could simultaneously bring down Sony's PlayStation Network worldwide and make it impossible for millions of gamers to play single-player games like Heavy Rain, Bayonetta, and BioShock 2?
Sony's PlayStation Network has been hit by a glitch that has left users on all continents unable to connect to the online service, the company said Monday.
Many IT leaders intend to make high-tech purchases and technology projects a priority in the coming months as plans that had been put on hold during the downturn are prepped for takeoff in 2010.
An Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) report reveals that Australians lost almost $70 million to scammers last year.
Google has offered a general explanation of how it ranks its search results, one day after the European Commission said it was looking into antitrust complaints against the company.
Hewlett-Packard has opened a research lab in Singapore, where it will work on a software platform for delivering cloud-based computing services to enterprises, the company said Wednesday.
The growth of virtualisation and cloud computing is changing the agenda when it comes to the way that IT is perceived within the enterprise.
VMware, which is owned by EMC, is acquiring a portion of EMC's software business, in what has to be one of the stranger acquisitions in the technology industry thus far this year.
The founder and CEO of an application performance management (APM) software vendor said that today's IT development and production environments are not adequately served by what he terms "APM 1.0."
Virtualization software company VMware will be taking over a line of data-center management software from parent company EMC, the companies announced Thursday.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT