You already know the basics of internet security, right?
The European Union is set to add €1.2 billion (US$1.5 billion) in funding for IT research in Europe, and about half the amount is earmarked for robotic systems, next generation network and service infrastructures, electronic and photonic components a...
The joint venture of Nokia Siemens Networks has agreed to purchase the network equipment division of Motorola for an estimated $US1.2 billion. Motorola's loss is Nokia Siemens' gain, as the acquisition catapults it into the number three spot for wire...
IBM this week rolled out a security device it says will protect online banking and keep cyber-criminals from being able to make fraudulent funds transfer even from a compromised PC.
Network stress testing tools are not for the underfunded, the underskilled or the faint of heart. Consider them carefully before deciding whether to purchase them or how to use them.
Microsoft this week updated its Visual Studio 2010 Productivity Power Tools, adding extensions and fixing bugs.
Intel on Monday introduced a six-core Core i7 desktop processor targeted at enthusiasts like gamers, while also cutting prices of some desktop and server chips by up to 48 percent.
Rackspace's contribution of code to a new open-source project called OpenStack could help establish a counterweight to larger and proprietary players like Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), according to some observers.
Network-1 Security Solutions, an acquirer and licensor of intellectual property, says it has settled its Power-over-Ethernet patent infringement case against Cisco and five other companies.
Security service provider Zscaler has added e-mail filtering to its Web filtering product.
Motorola has found a buyer for its wireless network equipment unit: Nokia Siemens Networks will pay US$1.2 billion for most of that business, the companies announced Monday.
If you want to watch Internet-delivered video on your PC, the vast majority of Web sites have settled on a single, consistent way to do that. That's the good news. The bad news is that this single, consistent delivery system is Adobe Flash, with all ...
Ericsson has won a contract worth an undisclosed amount to build a nationwide transmission network for mobile telco VHA, involving the construction of thousands of upgraded microwave radio and optic fibre links around the country.
The Federal Government's use of its fledgling blog to publish its declaration of open government last week has stimulated a vigorous debate about the initiative -- with some commenters offering their congratulations, and others condemnation over what...
Samsung Electronics has launched its latest high-end TV, the Series 9 - a $10,000 55in panel which is a mere 7.98mm thick. The new Series 9 also supports 3D viewing and has a full colour touch-screen remote control.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCSecurity EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD