Twitter required some users to reset their passwords on Tuesday after discovering that their log-in information may have been harvested via security-compromised torrent Web sites, the company said.
Consumers have very little patience for online stores, e-banks and travel sites that slow down, act erratically or crash during busy transaction seasons, according to a new study from Gomez, a provider of Web performance optimization tools and servic...
Mike Nash, a high-ranking executive on Microsoft’s Windows team, is leaving the company.
In the wake of its merger with Sun Microsystems, Oracle is discontinuing access to Project Kenai, which was developed by Sun as an open source project-hosting site.
Intel is preparing six-core chips for high-end desktops and servers for release in the first half of this year, the company said Wednesday.
IBM announced Wednesday that it plans to buy MDM (master data management) vendor Initiate Systems. Terms of the deal, which is scheduled to close in the first quarter, were not disclosed.
From enabling time travel to summoning smoke monsters, "Lost" gadgets can do it all!
Japanese regulators have certified the country's first data modem based on LTE technology, manufacturer LG Electronics said on Wednesday. The step takes the country a little closer towards the planned launch of its first LTE network.
Ulteo is poised to offer commercial support for its free virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) software, which the open-source startup says will cost companies a fraction of established offerings from Citrix Systems, Microsoft and VMware, while offeri...
Australian telcos have expressed interest in releasing micro-SIMs compatible with the recently announced Apple iPad.
Symantec has announced NetBackup 7 for enterprises and Backup Exec 2010 for mid-sized firms, both of which offer data deduplication and archiving technology.
Apple may be touting the release of its iPhone OS 3.1.3 update, but new research shows the iPhone is actually starting to slip when it comes to smartphone market share.
Facebook's data centers already need 100-Gigabit Ethernet and ideally could use 1-Terabit Ethernet, according to a senior network engineer at the company.
A researcher with expertise in hacking hardware Tuesday detailed at the Black Hat DC conference how it's possible to subvert the security of a processor used to protect computers, smartcards and even Microsoft's Xbox 360 gaming system.
2K Games shot us a press release today announcing a very special BioShock 2 Special Edition un-boxing video... and a $14,999.00 BioShock 2 Uber Edition that comes with one of five hundred signed, numbered, and fully-functional Big Daddies.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC