Computer maker Dell has proposed a settlement in a long-term investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission into the company's accounting and financial reporting practices, the company said Friday.
Google on Friday said it acquired Metaweb, a company that maintains a database of information that it offers to website operators wishing to aggregate content about specific topics on their sites.
Most IT executives are still unconvinced about tapping into a public cloud when they surpass their own infrastructure's capacity, a survey has found.
I/o Data Centers hopes to leapfrog the competition by developing what it claims will be a new, more integrated type of containerized data center, the company said on Friday.
HTC is on a roll, producing high-quality and high-demand smartphones left and right. HTC's latest creation -- the HTC Desire HD, an update to its original Desire model -- had its specs leaked by an online U.K. retailer. Looks like it could be another...
Developers at an open source company in Spain are leading an effort to boost PHP application development for Android-based phones.
Google, which broke mobile industry practice last year by offering the Nexus One smartphone for sale exclusively on its website, has received its last shipment of the device for online sale.
Virtualization gave data center managers some breathing room in their battle against rising energy use, but more changes are needed to keep pace with the demands of IT departments, speakers at an industry conference said Friday.
Today's Apple press conference was a strange mix of finger pointing, random sales figures and statistics and--surprise!--some actual accountability and solutions for the iPhone 4's antenna woes. At the end of the conference, Apple CEO Steve Jobs fina...
Siemens is warning customers of a new and highly sophisticated virus that targets the computers used to manage large-scale industrial control systems used by manufacturing and utility companies.
Image is everything. And that's why Apple must terminate the iPhone 4 as quickly as possible.
A surprising percentage of organizations are still running desktops with the XP Service Pack 2 OS, which Microsoft said it would no longer patch as of Tuesday this week.
Apple announced several measures Friday to keep iPhone 4 users "happy" and to turn the controversy over the smartphone's occasional reception issues into a "non-issue." Again.
Apple's news conference last week on the iPhone 4 antenna and reception fiasco gets an A- grade, but its overall response rates just a C, according to a crisis communications expert.
Nearly two weeks after rolling out a Google News redesign, Google has added a new feature to the page in hopes of placating complainers. The feature lets people opt to view news stories in two columns, unlike the initial redesign that listed all stor...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**QLD