A cyber security expert who advises some of the largest corporations and governments in the world says that Communications Minister Stephen Conroy’s plans for an Internet filter will not have any impact on fighting cyber criminals.
An environmental activist group has issued its latest list of popular cell phones that emit comparatively high levels of RF radiation, though all are within federal limits.
HP today unveiled a host of new services aimed at helping small data-center operators boost performance and cut operating costs. Aimed at data centers up to 5,000 square feet in size, these facilities-oriented services include capacity analysis, infr...
Before your next trip, check out 10 of the best travel-minded mobile applications for BlackBerry smartphones
Hopeful entrepreneurs and developers attending the Future of Web Apps conference in Miami Beach received a heavy dose of real-world advice from successful peers, including some tips that at first pass seem counterintuitive.
VMware has acquired three management tools from RTO Software, and will integrate them into its products for desktop and application virtualization, the company said in a blog posting on Tuesday.
With a promise of better performance, lower total cost of ownership, and optimum features for virtualization, IT solutions vendor IBM today announced the launch of its new IBM Power7 system servers, which builds on the successes of its predecessor.
Pentax offered a parting shot for the PMA crowd with the announcement of two new point-and-shoot cameras today: the 26x-optical-zoom Pentax X90 fixed-lens megazoom and the weatherproofed Optio W90.
Pretend for a moment that the Nintendo DSi was a third larger with bigger LCD screens and a blizzard of new apps, including one that let you read eBooks. Would you consider it an iPad contender?
Yahoo Inc.'s deal with microblogging phenom Twitter Inc, <announced yesterday , could prove timely for an Internet pioneer looking to regain lost momentum and join the social networking glitterati.
Microsoft will release a new version of its Windows Server software configured to let multiple users access a server simultaneously from multiple screens.
Cisco and several other investors have given $10.5 million to HyTrust, a start-up that is tackling some of the thornier security problems posed by the growing popularity of VMware's virtualization platform.
Pamela Rucker doesn't want to spend money with IT vendors that waste water or energy, or that have large carbon footprints. After all, she says, as vice president of IT for environmental services firm PSC, it would be hypocritical to not hold vendors...
PayPal will open an applications store this year where developers can offer their wares, the latest step in the company's multi-pronged strategy to deepen its relationship with external programmers.
Early termination fees for mobile phone contracts are necessary to subsidize the cost of smartphones and customers know what they're getting into, mobile carriers told the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in comments filed this week.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia