Microsoft today released a platform preview of Internet Explorer 9. This isn't an IE9 beta, mind you; it doesn't have the features you'd expect in a browser. It doesn't even have an address bar for that matter. Instead, the IE9 Platform Preview serve...
Steve Ballmer doesn't use one but apparently as many as 10,000 Microsoft employees do. Embarrassingly, the device in question is Apple's iPhone.
Tyfone is putting the pieces together for a commercial mobile wallet offering, forming an alliance with First Data.
Wep Solutions, an Indian security software and services startup, is offering its unified threat management appliance software free to small businesses around the world.
Potentially toughening the competitive landscape for its own Silverlight rich Internet application platform, Microsoft will expand support for the HTML5 specification in its Internet Explorer 9 browser, under a plan revealed Tuesday.
The price of stock in Chinese search engine Baidu.com surged past Google's on Monday following reports in several news sources that the U.S. giant plans to quit China's Internet search market, leaving it to Baidu.
Intel introduced a line of Xeon server chips that operate up to 60 percent faster than previous server processors, the company said on Tuesday.
Virtustream is unveiling a new cloud computing service aimed at midsize enterprises.
IBM will soon offer software development and testing services through its public cloud, adding to a private cloud option launched in June 2009, the company said Tuesday.
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Tuesday released research detailing how molecules in chips can self-assemble, potentially reducing manufacturing costs.
In a forum today marking the 25th anniversary of the first .com registration, former USPresident Bill Clinton spoke about his favorite devices, the grim outlook for newspapers and the need for policies to improve Internet access.
Open-source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has integrated VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol) and social networking sites in the latest version of its e-mail server and client.
The US military was so fearful of classified information ending up on Wikileaks it considered ways to undermine the organisation, a newly published secret report on the site appears to show.
Hewlett-Packard, Dell and IBM rolled-out new servers on Tuesday based on Intel's latest Xeon 5600 microprocessors, which promise better performance and power consumption.
While select PC gamers have been able to enjoy the StarCraft II beta for a few weeks now, Blizzard will soon be letting Mac owners in on the fun, revealing that a beta for that platform is in the works, with a projected April start.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC