Australian ISP Exetel has moved to terminate a number of unprofitable accounts, asking some users of its broadband service to move to another provider. In addition, according to a newsletter sent to customers yesterday, the "off-peak" period, which d...
If a report is accurate and Google is urging its workers to dump Windows because of security concerns, the company's rationale is bogus and disingenuous, analysts said today.
Advanced Micro Devices gave reporters a first look at its upcoming Fusion processors on Wednesday in a demonstration calculated to reveal as few specifics about the chips as possible, lest the information fall into the hands of rival Intel.
Internet Explorer (IE) gained browser usage share last month in the U.S., while major rivals Firefox and Chrome both lost ground, Microsoft said today, citing data from Web analytics firm Net Applications.
Gartner is highlighting 10 mobile and wireless networking technologies -- including new versions of Bluetooth and location-awareness -- it says will play a big role in business-to-employee and business-to-consumer interactions over the next couple of...
Visionary CEO Steve Jobs ushered in a new era in mobile computing with the introduction of the legendary iPhone back in 2007, and nothing has been the same ever since. Increasingly, the iPhone has crept into the enterprise space, what with the platfo...
Pixel Qi, a display start-up that's generating buzz with a laptop screen that works well under indoor and outdoor lighting, showed off prototype touchpanel versions of the new display on Tuesday.
The latest gadget disassembled by iFixIt is the HTC Evo 4G smartphone. And just in time. The first phone capable of running on a WiMAX network is <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/051310-sprint-to-make-htcs-evo.html ">due on Sprint's net...
Hoping to understand what a new generation of mobile malware could resemble, security researchers will demonstrate a malicious "rootkit" program they've written for Google's Android phone next month at the Defcon hacking conference in Las Vegas.
The latest gadget from Sony's in-house geeks will surely get your cat tweeting. A prototype tweeting cat collar, which Sony created in collaboration with the University of Tokyo, last month's Open House 2010.
Google's Street View Cars have logged every wireless network in the UK, it has been revealed.
Intel used the Computex conference in Taiwan to announce new chips aimed specifically at tablets, as well as dual- core Atom processors for more powerful netbook computers. Intel's battle for a share of the tablet market, and efforts to defend its po...
Hewlett-Packard Co. today said it is cutting 9,000 jobs, but also plans to hire 6,000 new workers as part of shift to highly automated data centers that rely less on people with hands-on IT skills and more on those with sales and delivery expertise.
At the Computex 2010 show on Tuesday, SanDisk Corp. and OCZ Technology Inc. both introduced their latest solid-state drives (SSDs), setting new performance and size records for the companies.
Qualcomm has expanded its Snapdragon family of chipsets with two new models for high-end smartphones, each with two processor cores running at up to 1.2GHz.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Here's how Microsoft is using containerization to protect Edge users
- Trump hotel chain fined over data breaches
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ