Yahoo will sharpen its search engine by providing richer results for news and entertainment-related queries, as well as revamp its webmail service by making it faster and more connected to Twitter and Facebook.
The utopian vision of a fluid and easily managed desktop infrastructure has floated around IT since the dawn of the desktop era. There have been many attempts at corralling the desktop hydra, but none have provided a universal solution. Microsoft Ter...
Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Mark Hurd made his first public comments on Thursday since taking a job as Oracle co-president, saying the company is poised for major expansion.
Well, well -- it looks like Apple isn't the only phone-maker saying no-no to the naughty-naughty.
Verizon Wireless today announced that Android smartphones using its network can now use Good Technology's security and management software.
Oracle's first-quarter revenue jumped 48 per cent over the same period last year to $US7.5 billion, the company reported Thursday. Net income was up 20 per cent to $1.4 billion.
Book retailer Barnes & Noble expects to generate US$1 billion in revenue from sales of digital books, including e-books and e-textbooks, by 2013, the company said on Thursday.
Unified communications (UC) as we know it today is flawed. The initial investment is simply too high for the return, partly due to the cost of each component and the fact you need gateway servers and software to tie the disparate systems together. Ev...
What is the most significant vulnerability that information security faces today and in the future? According to Malcolm Harkins, CISO of Intel, the biggest threat facing infosec is the misperception of risk.
Several websites have tried out the iOS 4.2 beta, and while the addition of folders, wireless printing and threaded e-mail will certainly make the iPad better, other changes could make users yearn for simpler times. Here's what to like and dislike ab...
The burgeoning tablet market is about to get even more crowded, as Motorola on Thursday confirmed that it, too, plans to offer a tablet computer in the coming months. Details about the Android-based device are scarce, however, and Motorola's Co-Chief...
The "<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/090910-here-you-have-e-mail-worm.html?t51hb">Here You Have</a>" e-mail virus that ripped across the Internet last week didn't leave Intel unscathed: The 80,000-plus employee company had 4,400 employ...
After some 15 years of half-hearted efforts, misguided designs, and broken promises, the age of the tablet is dawning at last.
In a move that will legally bring more American TV shows and films to the Internet in China, Ku6 Media, an operator of one of the country's largest video hosting sites, has signed content deals with Sony Pictures Television and a major Hollywood stud...
VMware is among a number of companies in talks to purchase Novell, according to published reports.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCA/V OfficerNSW