Google has started using its next generation plug-in API to embed support for Adobe Acrobat PDFs more deeply into the Chrome browser. The company believes this will benefit security, performance and reliability.
Firefox users worried about Internet eavesdropping are being offered a new way to encrypt their interaction with a range of popular websites, including Facebook and Twitter.
Wi-Fi traffic intercepted by Google's Street View cars included passwords and e-mail, according to the French National Commission on Computing and Liberty (CNIL).
Six days before the release of the iPhone 4, a camper has already been spotted in the wild, braving the heat in anticipation of . . . a cell phone.
Wireless chip maker Broadcom plans to acquire Innovision Research & Technology, which specializes in short-range data communication, for approximately US$47.5 million in cash, Broadcom said on Thursday.
Despite the hype that's built up around tablet computers and handheld devices with larger screens, Sony Ericsson remains focused on smartphones even as it keeps its future product options open, according to a top company executive.
While business process management (BPM) has traditionally been about automating office and departmental workflows, Oracle is looking to put humans back into the loop, at least in an advisory capacity.
Ten months after it debuted rudimentary malware scanning in Snow Leopard, Apple this week quietly added a signature for a third piece of malware, security researchers reported today.
Acer on Friday announced new netbooks based on chips from Advanced Micro Devices, a win for the chip company's efforts to grab market share from rival Intel.
Microsoft will unveil new features next week to enhance the Bing search engine's capabilities to search for entertainment-related content, specifically in areas such as music, television, movies and online games.
What will your Web browser look like in 2015? Five years doesn't always bring dramatic change to some technologies--today's desktop PC, for instance, isn't that different from its 2005 predecessor--but browsers are undergoing major changes that will ...
It's like a Hollywood thriller. A military spy is arrested, betrayed by someone he thought to be a comrade in arms -- a brilliant yet mentally disabled hacker.
When you think about important leadership qualities, vulnerability doesn't spring to mind.
Apple on Wednesday prepared customers for next weeks' release of the iPhone 4 and iOS 4 by updating iTunes to make it compatible with the new mobile operating system.
Actions reveal more than words, we know, and companies are watching carefully, using <a href="http://www.cio.com/article/523013/Using_Predictive_Analytics_to_Tap_More_Profitable_Customers">business intelligence and analytics</a> tools to figure out w...
The Xiro XPLORER V Drone’s distinctive shape increases stability in air. Flying has never been easier thanks to the smart flight assistance and auto-hovering functions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager - Web, Mobile and CMSNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- CCOffice 365 SpecialistQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Management FrameworkNSW