Sony is developing a 3D camera that will give consumers the ability to create their own 3D content, the head of Sony's digital imaging business unit said Thursday.
Intel unveiled its newest flagship processor for the desktop market, the Core i7 980x Extreme. The CPU pushes the envelope by including six physical cores, and hyperthreading technology to virtualize twelve cores--its almost like having twelve comput...
A data service outage affecting some BlackBerry users nationally this week seems to have left them angry but not deeply concerned about the future of BlackBerry's parent, Research in Motion Ltd.
Criminals started targeting Twitter in earnest during a key period in early 2009, and security company Barracuda Labs has worked out why. During the same few weeks a key list of a-list celebrities joined the site.
A new drive to develop international network capacity is under way, in Pacific Fibre, an early stage international fibre venture founded by a group including Warehouse founder Stephen Tindall, Trade Me's Sam Morgan and Rod Drury, founder of SaaS soft...
Opera has released a beta version of its Mini 5 Web browser for Android-based smartphones, the company said on Thursday.
Now under new management, MySpace is looking to reinvent itself and rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. The once dominant social networking site fell from nearly 70 percent of the social networking market, to only 30 percent in less than a year, and ...
CIOs and IT directors expect spending on staff in their datacentres to dramatically outstrip the overall growth in IT expenditure this year, according to ComputerworldUK's sister analyst group IDC.
While NASA budget-keepers focus on setting future priorities for the space agency, many in the world space community is trying to turn attention to the benefits a mostly complete International Space Station will provide global science.
Tomorrow's the first on-sale day for Apple's iPad, the tablet-styled device that CEO Steve Jobs has repeatedly called "magical" and "revolutionary."
The Norwegian Nobel Institute yesterday announced there are 237 nominees for the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize. Though the the institute doesn't normally disclose who made the list, an official did confirm to Computerworld that it includes the Internet.
At the RSA Conference in San Francisco last week, security vendors pitched their next-generation of security products, promising to protect customers from security threats in the cloud and on mobile devices. But what went largely unsaid was that the ...
Hybrid Television Services, Australia’s exclusive TiVo distributor, is restructuring its business to make way for new video on demand and interactive services.
Nobody can deny that Sony is a trailblazer when it comes to technological innovation -- from the PSX onwards, the company has continually shaped the future of gaming. What might be less obvious is that they are also pioneers of homoerotic imagery in ...
An 11 March email to customers of Internet service provider (ISP) Exetel has revealed the company is considering ADSL2 plans with unlimited uploads and downloads. The email states that the ISP believes "there will be ongoing 'convulsions' in the mark...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
- A Raspberry Pi 3 competitor will boast an SSD storage slot
- Adblock Plus can't charge Axel Springer for whitelisting its ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW