Facebook will soon make major changes to the social-networking site's privacy settings as it tries to make it easier for users to know what personal information and photographs they're sharing.
In what will be seen as a concession to media baron Rupert Murdoch, Google has made it easier for news sites -such as those Murdoch controls - to opt-out of Google News.
A massive spam campaign that poses as a message from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) asking people to register for H1N1 vaccinations remains a big problem today, a security researcher said.
The U.K. government will give a British hacker a short extension to challenge an extradition order to face trial in the U.S.
Intel Corp. is honing its sights on many-core chips that are far more powerful than today's dual and quad-core processors.
Microsoft is taking aim at one of Google's most popular services, Google Maps, with a richer version of its own online mapping service that was released in beta on Wednesday.
The U.K. security company that started a firestorm after claiming recent Windows security updates caused a widespread "black screen" lock-out of users' PCs has retracted its claims and publicly apologized to Microsoft.
The recent legal settlement between Intel and Advanced Micro Devices will bring new business to AMD and major benefit for its customers, the chip maker said Wednesday.
This year saw the slow, painful dismantling of Nortel. Its gradual exit from the tech scene played out the entire year, as each month brought news of more layoffs, markdowns or sell-offs.
Nokia has filed a lawsuit against eight LCD manufacturers accused of collusion and price-fixing. Nokia is hoping to win damages to recover money it overpaid to the various companies for LCD displays for its mobile handsets.
Symbian's future on Nokia's smartphones has been questioned lately, but Nokia's support for the OS remains unchanged for the foreseeable future, CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo said during a keynote at the company's Capital Markets Day on Wednesday.
Listen up Moms and Dads, the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) is giving away a handy new iPhone tool that'll help you quick-check what's what when it comes to game content. Not that the little black-and-white rectangles voluntarily stamped ...
Micron Technology Inc. announced today a new solid-state drive (SSD) that it described as the industry's fastest for notebook and desktop PCs with about 50% better data transfer speeds compared with today's best consumer-grade flash drives.
Mozilla last week slipped in a fourth beta of its upcoming Firefox 3.6 browser, but said this week that it is still shooting to ship the final code by the end of the year.
We asked Peter Goolpacy and the team at Perfect Apology to rate the quality of the apologies issued by top tech companies and executives this year for their assorted mistakes and misdeeds. The following contains their reviews of the apologies and the...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW