Here's a tip for incoming and current college students: If you want to have a high-paying job on graduation day, study computer science.
EMC executives believe that Fibre Channel storage could be a thing of the past in just a few years as enterprises increase adoption of flash memory for I/O-intensive applications, while storing less-frequently used data on inexpensive SATA drives.
EMC has announced an upgrade to the management software on its Celerra network-attached storage (NAS) arrays that will allow administrators to apply deduplication, thin provisioning and business continuity tools to data stored in VMware environments.
IBM is offering organisations an opportunity to experience more scalable, workload-tuned computing on the x86 platform. The company has launched new eX5 servers that have the ability to break the technical barriers to reach this goal.
Having a fling has suddenly taken on a new meaning: VMware is positively encouraging its engineers to have as many as possible
Panasonic has announced a June launch for its new LUMIX DMC-G2 and LUMIX DMC-G10 digital cameras, which use the Micro Four Thirds interchangeable lens system.
Hewlett-Packard has accused a Taiwanese maker of printer ink cartridges with using stolen HP parts to make knock-offs and sell them in the U.S. through outlets such as Amazon.com.
When Proctor & Gamble Co., wants something from its outsourcer, Hewlett Packard Co., it doesn't deal with help desks, trouble tickets or support tiers. It gets attention from the top levels of the vendor's executive ranks.
Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G), which is ranked 20th on the Fortune 500 list, can afford to buy its employees laptops. But it is instead letting several hundred of its workers use their own laptops as part of a workplace experiment.
Google will launch on Tuesday evening Google Apps Marketplace, providing a venue for third-party, cloud-based applications to supplement Google's own online applications.
In becoming CEO of the World Wide Web Consortium, Dr. Jeff Jaffe brings a resume filled with jobs that required building partnerships and finding consensus. Such business and personal skills will be critical for success in Jaffe's new job heading a s...
Intel is standing by its promise for a March release of its next generation Xeon processors.
IBM is teaming with researchers in academic institutions in Japan and India to explore an open, common user interface for mobile devices that will make them easier for aged or illiterate people around the world to use.
Sixnet is introducing hardware to help corporate customers exploit the growing throughput, reach and reliability of expanding 3G cellular data networks.
In another move to work its way into the <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140456">enterprise</a> , Google has unveiled an online store where users can buy cloud-based applications designed to work with Google's own apps.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW