A suspicious application circulating on Facebook has attracted nearly 300,000 fans whose profiles could be used as launching pads for spam, according to a security analyst.
Oracle is preparing to launch a major migration of portals that serve customers and technologies gained through its acquisition of Sun Microsystems.
Telstra chief executive David Thodey tonight revealed that the telco was talking with its joint venture partner Foxtel to bring the payTV service to Telstra's T-Box internet television platform launched last month.
With the impending release of version 9.0 of the open-source Postgres database, due in mid-August, the developers behind the project are hoping that the new features will attract more interest from enterprises.
EMC plans to acquire Greenplum for an undisclosed sum and form a new division around the privately held company's data warehousing technology.
A former senior database administrator at a Houston electricity provider was sentenced Tuesday to one year in prison for hacking into his former employer's computer network, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Nokia is selling off its wireless modem business to Renesas Electronics, a move that could help the mobile giant better focus on phone competition and get rid of a business that may have been struggling.
Apple today pulled a large number of apps created by a Vietnamese iPhone developer after claims by competitors that he had pushed his software to the top of the best seller list by purchasing them with stolen credit cards.
Advanced Micro Devices is looking to invest in technology companies as it tries to build a hardware and software ecosystem around its upcoming Fusion processor, the company said on Tuesday.
The office of new Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, has declined to answer questions about the Labor leader's personal views on her party's mandatory internet filtering policy, directing enquiries to Communications Minister, Stephen Conroy.
The use of Tabnapping, the recently-identified phishing technique, is on the rise, says Panda Labs.
Henley Business School's Informatics Research Centre, has launched a new Masters course covering how business uses technology.
Apple ranks fourth in the latest UK Experian Hitwise Hot 100 E-Retailer list, ahead of PC makers such as Dell and HP and even UK retail giant Tesco.
It will take you longer to read a book on an iPad or Kindle compared to the printed page, according to a recent study.
Got an urgent message you need to transmit immediately? Sending a telegram is likely not the first option that comes to mind. And when it's time to boogie down, you probably don't shove a cassette into your 8-track player or slap an LP onto your phon...
Take home a Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive (64GB) this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceWA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD