The technical services group of Capgemini has traditionally helped companies with system integration, but cloud computing is changing that. The company is increasingly assembling lots of different software-as-a-service applications, a phenomenon that...
The European Commission's decision to launch an antitrust investigation into Google Inc's activities has intensified that company's already heated competition with Microsoft Corp.
MIT has expanded the footprint of its Media Lab with a new US$90 million, 163,000-square-foot modern building.
No beans about it: An automobile dubbed the "Car-puccino" has been designed to run only on leftover coffee grinds. The heavily-modified 1988 Volkswagen Scirocco was created for British TV show Bang Goes The Theory, a program that's all about "puttin...
In an effort to curb rising resistance in Congress to a new NASA strategy, President Barack Obama will hold a summit next month to explain his vision for America's future in space.
Filling a position left open since 2008, former Novell CTO Jeffrey Jaffe has taken on the role of chief executive officer for the <a href="http://www.w3.org/">W3C</a> (World Wide Web Consortium).
Want to stretch the battery life of your netbook and not worried about voiding your warranty in the process? Low-power display startup Pixel Qi is readying a do-it-yourself kit that will allow you to swap out your netbook's existing LCD screen for on...
Intel acknowledged Monday that at least one counterfeit version of its Core i7-920 processor made its may into the U.S. market, and said it's trying to determine how many more are out there.
A Thai court has approved the extradition to the U.S. of a Malaysian man allegedly involved in hacking credit card information, causing massive losses for victims in the U.S.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has loosened controls on the export of Internet-based communication services to Iran, Sudan and Cuba, in an effort to spread free-speech freedoms to those countries, the agency said Monday.
New research says that the IT sector is "on the rebound", as demand for staff continues to grow.
Over a year after Indian outsourcer Satyam Computer Services reported a major financial fraud at the company, research firm Forrester still cautions customers doing business with it.
IBM is planning to release a new class of x86 servers that treat memory, processors and solid-state disk as interchangeable components, saying a more flexible server is needed to satisfy the requirements of virtualized data centers.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has introduced new mobile phone rules that will give telco customers the option to block premium SMS messages from being sent to their phones.
South Australian mobile tech company 2moro mobile has launched an iPhone app that lets WOMADelaide 2010 festival-goers find out who's performing on stage by just pointing their iPhones.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT