IBM announced Thursday that it plans to buy systems management software vendor BigFix. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close in the third quarter, were not provided.
Google has reached an agreement to buy ITA Software, a maker of air-travel flight-information software whose customers include major airlines and online travel agencies.
Gartner has dropped its 2010 IT spending forecast, citing currency fluctuations caused by the ongoing European debt crisis.
Hewlett-Packard on Thursday finalized its acquisition of Palm and confirmed it will use the company's WebOS in future tablets and netbooks.
The uproar over the new iPhone's reception problems is much ado about nothing, an antenna expert said today.
IBM has partnered with Roche, a manufacturer of medical devices, to build a low-cost device that can read human genomes, the company announced Thursday.
Supercomputers that mix CPUs with graphics processors made their mark on the Green500 list of top energy-efficient supercomputers released on Wednesday.
Toshiba will sell a modified version of Intel's Classmate convertible laptop in Japan, the company said Thursday.
Blog MobileMentalism has leaked images and specifications of what it claims to be the HTC HD3 smartphone, the successor to the HTC HD2 smartphone and one of the first smartphones that will run Microsoft's all-new operating system, Windows Phone 7 Ser...
According to a newsletter sent to customers of Internet service provider Exetel today, the ISP will begin providing fibre services in Tasmania as part of the rollout of the National Broadband Network (NBN).
On the same day that Vodafone started selling Google's Nexus One, Optus has given its customers yet another high-end Android handset option, quietly adding Motorola's Milestone phone to its handset range.
Virgin Mobile today unveiled its latest range of cap plans, which the company has tailored to users of Internet-enabled smartphones.
The beloved 1991 puzzle game could've been an iPhone port if Sony Computer Entertainment hadn't served developer Mobile 1UP with a cease and desist letter. That's another argument against posting videos of your work on YouTube before it's in the App ...
More than half a million Sony laptops sold this year contain a software bug that could lead them to overheat, the company said Wednesday.
Open-source ERP (enterprise resource planning) software may still represent a small chunk of the overall market, but as a concept it has clearly gained a critical mass of adherents.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst / Solutions Design - LogisticsNSW
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- CCTest Manager - Data Warehouse experienceACT
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW