Microsoft Monday warned customers that attack code has been released targeting a critical vulnerability in older versions of its widely-used SQL Server database software, and urged users to apply a temporary workaround.
Google has added a new feature to enable users to find and access their Google documents straight from the desktop.
About half of data centers are responding to the economic crisis by cutting their budgets an average of 15% for 2009, according to a new survey by the AFCOM Data Center Institute.
A Sun Microsystems executive has provided a glimpse into the company's future plans for open sourcing JavaFX, its recently released technology for building RIAs (rich Internet applications) for the desktop, mobile devices and other platforms.
Fewer than 60% of European Web users run Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a French-based metrics company reported yesterday, while more than 31% have switched to Mozilla's Firefox.
First reactions from buyers of Research in Motion's newest BlackBerry Storm smart phone have been "lukewarm," and nowhere near the satisfaction ratings of Apple's iPhone, a market research analyst said Tuesday.
If you had just survived a plane crash, what would you do? Call loved ones to tell them you're okay? Check if your luggage survived? Twitter? Mike Wilson, a passenger on the Continental Airlines flight that skidded off the runway in Denver over the w...
The third quarter of 2008 marked a first for the computer industry. According to iSuppli, more notebook PCs were sold globally than desktop PCs -- just for the quarter, however. Compared to the third-quarter of 2007, notebook PC sales spiked 40 perce...
The Internet needs to be globally regulated if it is to have any chance of stopping scams such as security 'scareware', a researcher has suggested.
Internet speculation about the fate of Taiwanese manufacturer Abit has been running at feverish paces this week. But as Obi-Wan Kenobi might say, the alleged death of the company is correct — from a certain point of view. The manufacturer, kn...
There's a new game in town and it's called Second Life, but it's nothing to do with Linden Lab or its virtual alternate universe. Instead, it's all about songs. Songs you once heard, but probably haven't moshed to for years. Songs like Aerosmith's "D...
In line with its goal to reach the next one billion customers by 2015, Microsoft, under its Unlimited Potential program and partnership with Netopia, recently unveiled its first Windows Technology Zone at EGG-Netopia in SM Mall of Asia, showcasing th...
The president of a U.S. software company has been sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to stealing password-protected files from a competitor.
Unisys on Monday said it was laying off around 1,300 workers worldwide as part of an "aggressive" effort to cut costs and return to profitability.
The T-Mobile G1 phone has been fairly successful so far, although it hasn't yet approached usurping the iPhone from its lofty consumer throne. And so the rumours have already started about the possibility of an Android G2 phone.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW