Despite being widely derided (even by Microsoft executives), the Vista OS was instrumental in finally bringing to the world a secure version of Windows, at least if a presentation by a Microsoft security expert at the Usenix Security Symposium, being...
Five left-leaning groups that want the U.S. government to create formal network neutrality rules are organizing a rally to protest a recent proposal by Google and Verizon Communications at Google's headquarters in Mountain View, California, Friday.
Google on Thursday introduced a tool for easily sending links from its Chrome browser on a PC to an Android phone, and added 12 more voice-activated actions to the Voice Search tool in Android 2.2.
Twitter has launched its Tweet Button, whose goal is to simplify the sharing of Web links on Twitter both for Web publishers and for end users.
Swedish company Flattr has opened up the beta-test version of its social micropayment platform to everyone, the company said in a blog post on Thursday
Smartphones are on the verge of becoming more powerful, with chip makers readying dual-core chips that could accelerate multimedia and application performance on handheld devices.
Facebook has implemented some changes to enhance the experience of browsing through photos, one of the most popular activities on the social networking site, to which people have uploaded tens of billions of images.
Details have emerged about Intel's upcoming Medfield chip platform for smartphones, which is due for release in 2011 and will succeed the company's existing Moorestown platform, which was originally announced in May.
Optus hinted today that it may launch tablets in the Australian market based on Google Android, as the popularity of the mobile operating system continues to take the SingTel subsidiary by storm.
Samsung took the wraps off what the company touted as the "first portable Blu-ray player with 3D capability," but there's a catch: You have to connect it to a 3D-capable TV and watch the Blu-ray content on that screen with Samsung's 3D active shutter...
Cisco Systems revenue and profit both grew significantly in the company's fiscal fourth quarter that ended in July, the company announced on Wednesday.
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy confirmed today that the National Broadband Network NBN would reach speeds of up 1Gbps, ten times faster than the originally announced speeds of up to 100Mbps.
Any Rubik's Cube configuration can be solved in 20 moves or fewer, according to new research.
Google decided to revamp Gmail to make its contacts easier to use and more business-friendly, but I already hate it. If you're like me, using Google's Web-based e-mail since 2004, maybe you've watched Muzzle, random signature, and Google Buzz come an...
In the midst of debate over broadband policies announced by the Gillard government and the Coalition, the first school connected to the National Broadband Network (NBN) by retail service provider Internode says a faster Internet connection can be ben...
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP’s Pro x2 convertible takes on the iPad with vertical accessories
- HP’s Elite x3 Windows phone gets a job with Mobile Retail and Mobile Scanning Solutions
- Before 5G, some mobile users may get almost-5G
- The new BlackBerry has a physical keyboard and will arrive in April
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- TPIT Project Officer - TMRQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst / DeveloperNSW