WASHINGTON - IT staffing firms that hire H-1B workers and make them available to customers are located in office parks and buildings around the U.S. But the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), under pressure by Congress to improve enfo...
The security firm Damballa is warning of a large and fast growing botnet created specifically to deliver distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks on demand for anyone willing to pay for the service.
Just in time for 802.11n's first birthday as an official IEEE standard, VeriWave is releasing a guide to best practices for enterprise Wi-Fi networks. The new guide includes test plans and evaluation criteria, all based on the test vendor's extensive...
Microsoft will hire a law firm to conduct an independent investigation into whether its anti-piracy practices helped fuel the stifling of political dissent in Russia, and will create a new software license to protect non-government organizations "fro...
When Intel engineers began thinking about designing a new chip architecture, they first decided to reconsider the way they think about laptops.
The Trusted Computing Group Monday announced a working group aimed at publishing an open standards framework for cloud computing security that could serve as a blueprint for service providers, their customers and vendors building security products.
Google has released a breakdown of Android releases running on active smartphones, tablets and other devices and the results show that the latest versions are taking off along with Android itself.
With its Cloud Manager software released on Monday, Novell hopes to address the vendor lock-in problem facing enterprises building private clouds.
Government needs to better understand the realities of running profitable businesses -- and quickly -- as it imposes security regulations that can affect the profitability of corporations battling in a competitive environment.
In the time it takes to get a cup of coffee, any one of the hundreds of engineers and developers at mobile computing chip-maker Qualcomm Inc. can provision himself a new server -- one that's fully configured with compute, storage, networking, middlew...
Six months after launching its Google Apps Marketplace, Google is pleased with the project's progress but acknowledges it has much bigger expectations.
It's not a Y2K-style crisis, but there's only a four-year window until Microsoft Corp. ends support for Windows XP. The need to migrate from XP to Windows 7 "will create an extra budgetary and resource burden on companies from 2011 to 2012," accordin...
Cisco CEO John Chambers received compensation valued at $18.9 million in fiscal 2010, according to documents filed Friday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. His total package is up 33% from 2009, when he received compensation valued at...
Global telecommunication services provider British Telecommunications (BT) has unveiled details of its growth plans for the Asia-Pacific region. These included investments in IT infrastructure and new staff in the region, starting with the appointmen...
HP says its planned $1.5 billion buyout of ArcSight announced Monday is intended to propel HP into the heart of enterprise security -- a move that both surprised and impressed industry watchers.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD