Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday quashed rumors of HP Slate's demise, saying the tablet with the Windows 7 OS may still be sold to customers.
Despite fears caused by the European debt crisis, spending on technology products and services is set to continue growing around the world, although the pace of growth in Europe overall will be lower, Forrester Research said in a report released Tues...
Microsoft on Tuesday said that hackers could exploit the unpatched Windows shortcut vulnerability using drive-by download attacks that would trigger an infection when people simply surf to a malicious Web site.
Microsoft has released a beta for the next version of its free security software, Security Essentials, according to a blog post.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has extended settlement talks with Intel in the agency's antitrust investigation into the chip maker's treatment of its rivals.
A few years ago, we had the local electric company do a home energy audit. Our 19th-century house was hard to heat, and as we suspected, the inspector found we didn't have enough insulation. But our most cost-effective change turned out to be the pur...
Dell is apparently warning customers that "a small number" of its PowerEdge R410 server motherboards may contain malicious software.
11 million tablets, led by Apple's iPad, are expected to be sold by the end of 2010. This is three times the estimate ABI Research made just six months ago.
Panasonic will next week unveil a camcorder for consumers that is capable of recording images in 3D.
USB-perhaps the most successful, versatile computer interface yet-is getting a major overhaul. The third version brings big improvements, including higher speeds and better power management. The first devices began hitting stores this year, and a flo...
Microsoft will announce its fiscal 2010 earnings Thursday afternoon, and the pressure is on Redmond to deliver big numbers now that PCs sales have jumped this year, Windows 7 is the "fastest selling OS ever" and Office 2010 is generally available.
The state of Texas may be preparing to terminate a contract signed with IBM four years ago to consolidate the state government's IT operations because of missed goals and excessive employee attrition.
Microsoft began offering this week an ALM (application lifecycle management) process template geared to the Scrum agile development methodology.
The fallout from Google's decision to stop censoring its search results in China has brought a continued decline in the company's search business, according to a research firm.
Mozilla on Tuesday patched 16 vulnerabilities, nine of them critical, in Firefox 3.6, the largest update for the open-source browser since March.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW