That didn't take long: Android 2.2 just started shipping this week, but rumors of the upcoming Android 3.0 release have already emerged.
Intel is closing down its WiMax Program Office in Taiwan and shifting employees from that group to other platform and products groups, a company spokesman said Thursday.
EMC plans to shut down its Atmos Online cloud storage service immediately, according to a posting on its website.
Internet Explorer has been in a freefall compared to its hotter rivals Firefox and Google's Chrome lately, but Microsoft's browser has finally reversed a small portion of its worldwide market share losses.
South Korean mobile phone maker LG Electronics opened its revamped app store on Thursday, with over 3,000 applications aimed at smartphones and feature phones.
Apple's iPhone has more than 200,000 applications in its library, and the list is growing. But with so many options, how do you decide which apps are relevant to your work? Obviously, no one has the time or money to download and review them all.
The status of Google's China-based website, Google.cn, remains in limbo as the search engine giant waits to see if China will renew the company's operating license.
MIT researchers have developed technology that they say not only will make the Internet 100 to 1,000 times faster, but also could make high-speed data access a lot cheaper.
Amazon had no choice but to slash the price of the Kindle DX, the bookseller's oversized e-reader, to $US379--a substantial $US110 drop. The device is facing competitive pressure at both ends of the e-book spectrum, and it increasingly looks like an...
Dell is purchasing Scalent, a provider of server-virtualization management software, Dell announced on Thursday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Could HDMI's days be numbered? It could be, if a new a new audio/video (A/V) cable standard developed by four tech companies catches on.
Microsoft Kin, a pseudo-smartphone aimed at teenagers, died Wednesday at Microsoft's headquarters in Redmond, Washington. The Kin was only seven weeks old.
Google has reached an agreement to buy ITA Software, a maker of air travel flight-information software whose customers include major airlines and online travel agencies.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) turned things around last month, boosting its usage share by a record amount, a Web analytics firm said today.
As PC makers expand their lines to include 3D laptops, analysts say these offerings are likely to interest mostly gamers, with broad adoption stymied by a dearth of content, hardware limitations and hefty prices.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystSA
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC