With Wednesday's beta release of its flagship operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat has added a number of new capabilities that should help data centers better support virtualization and cloud computing.
Microsoft has released to manufacturing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, the new version of its relational database management system software, the company announced Wednesday.
The U.S. Department of Justice should launch a broad antitrust investigation into Google's search and advertising practices and consider a wide array of penalties, including possibly breaking the company up, a consumer group said Wednesday.
Salesforce.com said Wednesday it has signed a deal to buy Jigsaw, a cloud-based vendor of business contact data, for roughly US$142 million in cash. The acquisition, which appears to be one of Salesforce.com's largest to date, is scheduled to close l...
Alcatel-Lucent has found a way to move data at 300M bps (bits per second) over two copper lines, the company said on Wednesday. However, so far it is only in a lab environment -- real products and services won't show up until next year.
SAP plans to acquire TechniData, a German company that provides software to help businesses comply with environmental, health and safety regulations.
Apple's next big thing may be a video platform that combines cameras in the next versions of the iPhone and iPad with the giant data center the company's building in North Carolina, an analyst said today.
Intel is developing an edition of the Linux-based Meego OS that will work on mainstream laptops and desktops, a company executive said this week.
EMC has reported first quarter revenue of $US3.9 billion, along with profits of $373 million, up 92% from the year-ago period.
IBM has announced several new storage products that are designed to automate the movement of data to appropriate storage media and make it easier for users to use analytics to gain insight from the data.
A flawed McAfee antivirus update sent enterprise administrators scrambling today as the new signatures quarantined a crucial Windows system file, crippling an unknown number of Windows XP computers, according to messages on the company's support foru...
It's been a crazy few days for the gadget blog Gizmodo, ever since the site published detailed information about a new iPhone prototype that may or may not be the next-generation iPhone. The device has now been returned to Apple, and some of the last...
Facebook may not be the bane of workplace productivity that some employers believe, according to a report released by MailGuard on workplace Web behaviour in Australia.
Online games, music services and parts of other Web sites in China were shut down on Wednesday for a day of mourning mandated by the government after a deadly earthquake last week.
Panasonic yesterday launched its 2010 home entertainment line-up in Melbourne. Australian Managing Director, Steve Rust, opened the event by discussing the company's aims for the year ahead.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
- Ashley Madison misled users with a fake security award
- Epic Games forum hack underscores the need to install security patches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCPHP Developer | Network Specialist |VIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW