Microsoft has launched new betas for its free Office suite and for the "streaming" technology it will use to deliver some paid versions of Office 2010 next year.
It's That Time of Year again, and even if you don't celebrate The Holidays, chances are you have other people in your life who do. There's so much to get done as the end of year approaches, it can be hard to keep track of it all. And while paper migh...
Ruby, the popular open source dynamic language, is making headway not only on Java but also on the Windows and Mac platforms.
Just two days after Sony said that its wireless e-reader, the Daily Edition, might not make it to buyers before the end of the year, Barnes & Noble said its Nook e-reader is <a href="http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/">sold out</a>.
Cloud computing users face problems including loss of control over data, difficulties proving compliance, and additional legal risks as data moves from one legal jurisdiction to another, according to a assessement of cloud computing risks from the Eu...
A Seattle computer security consultant says he's developed a new way to exploit a recently disclosed bug in the SSL protocol, used to secure communications on the Internet. The attack, while difficult to execute, could give attackers a very powerful ...
The 43rd floor of the Spear Tower in downtown San Francisco is empty. Possibly because of the slumping economy, there's just a big, open office space with unfinished white walls overlooking a million-dollar view. It was an appropriate setting for Lun...
Oracle and Sun Microsystems have been granted an extra week to defend their planned US$7 billion merger in front of European regulators, the European Commission said Friday.
The judge in the copyright infringement case pitting the Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers (AAP) against Google and its book search program has set a date for the final hearing on the parties' controversial settlement proposal.
Twitter is now allowing its externally built applications to provide geolocation features to end-users, after announcing its intention to do so in August.
Mobile phone giant Nokia on Friday said it will cut up to 330 people from its research and development staff.
A hacker has posted attack code that could be used to break into a PC running older versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser.
A senior Dell executive is bullish about a recovery in PC demand from businesses, saying the Oct. 22 release of Windows 7 sparked a surge in PC sales for the company.
Microsoft's next browser, Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), will offload image and text rendering chores to the PC's graphic processor, one way the company plans to increase the browser's overall performance, according to the firm's top IE manager.
Virtualisation is unarguably one of the biggest trends of the past few years, and open-source software has been on the IT radar for a while now. So does that make open-source virtualisation twice as much of a good thing?
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW