The astronauts of Space Shuttle mission STS-131 are delighted by the response to their extra-terrestrial Twitter messages, they said Monday.
No, 3D video gaming probably won't wreck your eyes if you're an adult--let's be clear about that upfront--but a cautionary editorial at Audioholics expands on industry warnings that it could well be hazardous for kids under seven.
Grabbing your camera as you're about to head out, only to find it's running low on power is one inconvenience that designer Weng Jie is hoping he can solve.
Users of a popular Cisco Systems wireless access point may be setting themselves up for trouble if they leave a WPA wireless migration feature enabled, according to researchers at Core Security Technologies.
Just a few weeks after launching the HTC Evo 4G, Sprint Monday introduced the Samsung Epic 4G smartphone, which features a four-inch AMOLED touchscreen and a slide-out Qwerty keyboard.
Apple today announced that it and its carrier partners had sold 1.7 million iPhone 4s in the first three days of the new smartphone's availability.
Speculation is spreading around the Web that Google is building a site that could be a Facebook-killer.
Microsoft took another shot at rival Google today as it touted the support it provides for Office 2010.
Microsoft has released a patch for Visual Studio 2010 intended to address insufficient memory messages developers are getting when doing small cut or copy operations.
While data-center managers have long used heat maps to help determine where to best position racks of servers and cooling units, this mode of visualization can also be handy for better understanding system latency, argues an Oracle engineer in the Ju...
Prices of DRAM, the main memory chips used in personal computers, fell for the first time in over a year in June as companies increased production and PC vendors toughened their stance on further price increases.
SAP is segmenting its emerging cloud-computing strategy across multiple development platforms, including one code-named "River," which will support lightweight extensions to its on-premises ERP (enterprise resource planning) software.
Google's encrypted search engine, launched in May, has moved to a new Web address that isn't as convenient as its original one but that gives organisations the option to block the site for their users without locking them out of other Google services...
Over the past two years, solid state drives (SSDs) have only been sold directly to laptop or portable device manufacturers or through selected online electronics retail sites.
Microsoft became decidedly more social with SharePoint 2010, adding social networking tools like improved wiki and blog integration, tagging and microblogging into its SharePoint MySites feature.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- PTHadoop DeveloperWA
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTProgram ManagerQLD
- FTSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceWA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)QLD