What's better than 2-bits per cell? 3 bits of course. IM Flash Technologies, a joint venture between Intel and Micron, has announced that they have developed a 3-bit-per-cell NAND device that Micron will begin producing for commercial consumption thi...
Microsoft today delivered nine security updates that patched 19 vulnerabilities in several crucial components of Windows, as well as in Media Player, Outlook Express, IIS (Internet Information Server), Office and other products.
Looking to build a blazing Ethernet network that will exclusively support science research, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, is receiving US$62 million to develop what it calls the world's fastest computer network.
Microsoft and Nokia are set to unveil an alliance on Wednesday that will likely reveal a plan to deliver Microsoft's Office applications on Nokia handsets.
A proposed settlement between Google and book publishers and authors that would allow the tech giant to digitize and sell millions of books raises no serious antitrust concerns and, in fact, should blaze a trail that allows other companies to do the ...
Apple today quietly began offering an anti-glare display option for the 15-in. models of its MacBook Pro laptop line.
The investigation into the attacks against high-profile Web sites in South Korea and the U.S. is a winding, twisty electronic goose chase that may not result in a definitive conclusion on the identity of the attackers.
Adobe's Flash program is being used on heavily trafficked Web sites to collect information on how people navigate those sites even if people believe they've restricted the data collection, according to a new study.
One of the world's newest communications technologies soon will be used to track one of the oldest.
Members of the eBay Developers Program must change their account passwords because the e-commerce company recently discovered a way in which account information could be accessed by malicious hackers.
Penguin Computing, which builds high-performance Linux clusters for tasks like weather modelling and product design, is taking its business into the cloud.
Google Inc. is set to let users try out an upgraded search technology, code-named Caffeine, that its engineers have been developing for the past several months.
Windows took it on the chin Tuesday as Microsoft released nine patches, five labeled critical, as part of its Patch Tuesday monthly release cycle.
Microsoft yesterday responded to critics who have called for the death of Internet Explorer 6 (IE6), saying "dropping support is not an option" for the eight-year-old browser.
Intel on Tuesday said it had resumed shipping its latest consumers solid-state drives (SSDs) after resolving a password bug that made the drives inoperable, making it impossible to access or retrieve data.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- DNS server attacks begin using BIND software flaw
- Fake Apple iOS crash reports prove tricky to remove
- Quickflix halts trading ahead of acquisition
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW