Just one day after Google made a major effort to work with the Chinese government, the search firm reported that its service is being partially blocked in China.
Most organizations have been the target of an advanced threat, according to results of a study released this week by Ponemon Institute and sponsored by NetWitness.
Samsung's Galaxy S phone look like a winner, and it's in the league of such competition as the popular Apple iPhone 4G. Samsung advertises the new Galaxy as the most powerful multimedia smartphone ever.
The iPhone is holding its lead over Android devices, but the sheer number of new Android phones available could start to change that, according to a monthly report -- potentially the last of its kind -- from AdMob.
The Russian ring charged this week with spying on the United States faced some of the common <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/032610-5-great-open-source-desktop-security.html?fsrc=netflash-rss ">security problems</a> that plague many co...
The nation's biggest telco Telstra has taken a slice out of the cost of its flagship Android-based smartphone, the HTC Desire, just hours before rival Vodafone is slated to start selling Google's Nexus One handset, which has similar specifications an...
Video game manufacturer Blizzard Entertainment is facing a wave of dissent from Australian gamers furious about the company's decision to lock Australians into only being able to play multiplayer games of its upcoming StarCraft II title against playe...
Red Hat has come up with an interesting sales pitch that seems to benefit rival Microsoft as much as Red Hat.
Pareto Networks is making its debut this week with enterprise cloud services that streamline the setup of networking and related security services in corporate branch offices.
The Fedora Project will be getting a new leader next month, as Jared Smith takes over the helm from current head Paul Frields, Frields announced Tuesday on the Fedora mailing list.
Cloud computing poster child Amazon.com suffered a significant breakdown on Tuesday that lasted for hours and affected core e-commerce functionality on its main site.
Las Vegas -- If you didn't realize how pervasive video technology research is at Cisco Systems, consider these product previews offered up by Marthin De Beer, senior vice president of emerging technologies, in an interview with Computerworld at Cisco...
MeeGo, a Linux Foundation effort to provide a mobile version of Linux, moves on Wednesday to "Day 1" of the MeeGo Handset User Experience project, with developers able to access handset baseline source code and leverage touch capabilities, MeeGo repr...
Nearly a month after a Google engineer released details of a new Windows XP flaw, criminals have dramatically ramped up online attacks that leverage the bug.
The English and US football teams found the World Cup a struggle but can the Internet itself hold up under the huge traffic demands imposed by the first ever 'online' tournament?
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperWA
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW