A group that includes Intel, Microsoft, Nokia and Panasonic plans to introduce a specification for short-range, gigabit-speed wireless networking by the end of this year.
As expected, Amazon.com Wednesday released a new version of its Kindle with a bigger screen, which is intended to present newspaper and magazine content better than the current, smaller Kindle 2.
Open Text said Wednesday it plans to acquire fellow content management tools provider Vignette for about US$310 million in cash and stock. The deal is expected to be finalized in the second half of this year.
Days after a hacker claimed to have broken into a database and encrypted millions of prescription records at Virginia's Department of Health Professions, it remains unclear what happened.
Virtualization may spell doom for the 1U "pizza box" server, as the ability to pack multiple virtual machines onto physical hosts has customers choosing larger standard servers and blades.
In the latest sniping in the long-running feud over document format standards, IBM this week claimed that Microsoft Corp.'s Excel 2007 corrupted formulas and data in spreadsheets created in the OpenDocument Format.
Data on the Pentagon's Joint Strike Fighter aircraft that was recently reported as being illegally accessed by foreign cyberspies has been available for more than four years on a peer-to-peer file sharing network, the CEO of a software vendor said at...
Research In Motion (RIM) will debut an upgraded BlackBerry Storm in September, SlashGear is reporting. According to "a source very close to the issue," the Storm 2 will support Wi-Fi-a significant omission in the first-generation Storm, which debuted...
The South Korean government could force Google to block access to its YouTube Web site in an ongoing dispute over user privacy, Google's deputy counsel said Monday.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday gave a strong, though qualified, endorsement for running Windows 7 on PCs equipped with solid-state disk (SSD) drives, saying it has tuned the upcoming operating system to run faster on the still-emerging storage technology...
Adobe has promised to patch the newest zero-day vulnerability in its popular Adobe Reader software no later than next Tuesday, potentially adding another update to the month's busiest patch day for the second time in three months.
A state court in Massachusetts Monday issued a temporary order barring a former EMC top storage executive from joining Hewlett-Packard as its executive vice president for enterprise servers, storage and networking citing a noncompetitive agreement.
It was revealed last Friday that <a href="http://www.gamepro.com/games/xbox360/143401/mass-effect-2/">Mass Effect 2</a>, the sequel to Bioware's highly successful <a href="http://www.gamepro.com/games/xbox360/112284/mass-effect/">Mass Effect</a>, wil...
What happens when two super-hyped tech companies collide in the rumor mill? You get a Tweetintosh. That's right folks, the rumor mongers are saying that Apple is in late stage talks to acquire Twitter for as much as $700 million. The Mac maker is rep...
The latest Apple rumor has Verizon peddling new iPhones, but industry watchers figure it's pure fantasy-at least anytime soon.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 3 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 4 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
- 5 Toshiba Portege Z20t Ultrabook (PT15BA-00500Y)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
- HP links Vertica and IDOL seeking better unstructured data analysis
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW