Book publisher Random House announced a new deal today that will change the way we think about video game adaptations. Stardock's original PC strategy game, Elemental: War of Magic, leads off with a book called Elemental: Destiny's Embers this summer...
IBM has issued layoff notices to more than 400 workers, according to the Alliance@IBM/CWA Local 1701, an employee organization that has been the principal source of layoff information at the company.
Don't look now, it's another iPad rumor, this time claiming that production bottlenecks will either delay the iPad's launch or tighten initial inventories of Apple's tablet.
The head of the global Internet addressing authority will visit China this week, according to people briefed on the matter, highlighting questions about China's Web censorship after it applied to offer domain names that end with Chinese characters.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday launched its first mainstream business laptop with a touchscreen, but said it would be cautious in bringing touch technology to its existing business laptop lines.
Mio has equipped its latest navigation device, the Moov V780, with a 7-inch touchscreen, support for HD playback and the option to integrate support for WiMax.
In what is a familiar response to unwelcome news, the power of social networking and online campaigning is being used in a bid to secure the future of two radio stations seemingly under threat as a result of BBC cutbacks.
Google has acquired Picnik, whose Web-based application lets people import and edit photos in a browser.
EMC is expanding its security consulting services to help enterprises tackle the complexities of securing their data and complying with regulations in virtualized computing environments.
Netgear has introduced products for powerline-based home networking at up to 500M bps (bits per second).
Members of Unite union have voted to accept Fujitsu's proposals tabled by mediation service Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS).
Microsoft on Sunday confirmed it's investigating an unpatched bug in VBScript that hackers could exploit to plant malware on Windows XP machines running Internet Explorer (IE).
Tuesday May 4 has been named as this year's Day against Digital Rights Management (DRM) by the President of the Free Software Foundation.
Mozilla's Firefox lost share in February, the third consecutive month that the browser has slipped, according to metrics data published today.
Microsoft Windows climbed out of its rut last month to gain market share, Web measurement company NetApplications.com said today.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controlling the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT