Australian ISP Internode has announced that it has installed ADSL2+ equipment at seven extra telephone exchange locations in Tasmania.
"Lucid Lynx" is the codename given to Canonical's Ubuntu Linux 10.04, now in beta, which adds social networking features and a new look to the popular Linux distribution. A final release is due April 29, the company said.
Oracle has adopted what amounts to an "all or nothing" hardware support policy, according to a document the vendor <a href="http://www.oracle.com/support/collateral/hardware-systems-support-policies.pdf">has posted</a> on its Web site.
Open source is no longer considered the wild underdog, but it will need more new companies making money off the trend, the one-time CEO of MySQL stressed Wednesday at the EclipseCon 2010 conference.
As his parents and sister silently wept, hacker mastermind Albert Gonzalez was sentenced Thursday in U.S. District Court to two concurrent 20-year stints in prison for his role in what prosecutors called the "unparalleled" theft of millions of credit...
Australian ISP Internode has slashed the prices of its Ultra SHDSL broadband plans.
IDC analysts on Thursday said the global chip industry will grow this year but offered one of the least optimistic industry revenue forecasts so far this year, saying the global recession remains a problem.
IBM's former server chief, Robert Moffat, is heading to court on Monday after he agreed to waive his right to a grand jury in a case related to the Galleon Group insider-training scandal, according to court documents.
A networking error has caused computers in Chile and the U.S. to come under the control of the Great Firewall of China, redirecting Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube users to Chinese servers.
Wikipedia and other Wikimedia Foundation Web sites went down for hours on Wednesday in a global outage caused by a domino effect of technical problems.
The Commodore 64 is back, after a US company announced plans to release a PC resembling the classic computer but this time including Intel dual- or quad-core processors and support for Windows 7.
United Parcel Service (UPS) will make about US$1 billion in technology investments this year to improve the efficiency of its operations, with the goal of cutting billions more from its costs over the long term, company executives said Tuesday.
LG announced this Thursday that its upcoming LX9500 will be the worlds first HDTV set to combine a fully-LED-backlit LCD with 3D support.
Insurance giant Zurich has promised to encrypt and closely monitor the movement of customer data, after losing the details of 641,000 customers on a backup tape over a year and a half ago.
Hacker mastermind Albert Gonzalez was sentenced Thursday in U.S. District Court to two concurrent 20-year stints in prison for his role in what prosecutors called the "unparalleled" theft of millions of credit card numbers from major U.S. retailers.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW