Google's decision to take steps that may result in its having to leave China is an act of real courage and patriotism.
Google's threat to pull out of China in light of recent cyberattacks on its servers there comes at a time when Google is actually gaining share on Chinese search engine market leader Baidu.
Google and other enterprises still face a bleak computer security landscape that makes their companies vulnerable to hackers, whether they do business in China or not, analysts say.
Microsoft today said that retailers can continue to sell unmodified versions of Word 2007, even though a court order that required the company to remove custom XML technology from the software took effect Monday.
Salesforce.com's move this week to raise US$500 million through a debt offering has observers speculating the on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor is set to go on a shopping spree, but opinions vary on exactly what one will entail.
RCA showed a prototype of its Wi-Fi Hotspot Power Harvester called Airnergy that's designed to convert Wi-Fi radio signals into DC power for charging small wireless devices such as smartphones.
A coordinated hacking campaign targeting Google, Adobe Systems and more than 30 other companies raises serious concerns, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Tuesday.
Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard have agreed to invest together to prepare customers for "the next generation of business computing," the companies' CEOs plan to announce later Wednesday in a joint teleconference.
Worldwide PC shipments soared during the fourth quarter, driven by historically low PC prices and an increased demand for laptops and netbooks, analyst firm IDC said Wednesday
Google's decision to go toe-to-toe with one of the world's most powerful countries could provide huge benefits to its image while having little short-term impact on the company's financial condition, analysts said.
The market for Indian outsourcers is on the mend, but these companies will have to build expertise in new technology areas, and set up operations in multiple locations to take advantage of market conditions, according to analysts.
Wyse Technology has started shipping the X90cw, a new thin client that is an Intel Atom-based netbook, it said on Wednesday.
Cloud computing will become so pervasive that by 2012, one out of five businesses will own no IT assets at all, the analyst firm Gartner is predicting.
Big hype didn't equal big sales for Google's Nexus One. According to reports only 20,000 Google Nexus One phones were sold in its first week of sales, according to sales estimates from market research firm Flurry. In comparison to its Android sibling...
Nintendo Wii users will be able to stream Netflix movies and TV episodes on their consoles, Netflix announced on Wednesday. The feature will be enabled this spring, at no additional charge for Netflix subscribers.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW