Two weeks after announcing a business version of its Google App Engine application building and hosting service, Google is acknowledging that the performance of the product's datastore has been chronically deficient for weeks.
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/2009/110209-sonicwall-firewalls-test.html">SonicWall</a> directors have accepted a $717 million offer to sell the company to a group headed by Thoma Bravo, LLC, a private equity investment firm with the ai...
Nokia has upped the "how green can you get" stakes with a kit that allows users to charge their phones when cycling, the phone manufacturer said on Thursday.
California's Marin County has sued Deloitte Consulting LLP for $30 million over a botched <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9147500/SAP_Update">SAP</a> Enterprise Resource Planning ( <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/121/ERP...
Cambridge scientists have come up with a simple way to generate the entangled photons needed by quantum computers using a cheap light emitting diode (LED) powered by electrical voltage.
DoubleTwist introduced a free media player application for Google Android phones, which rivals the default media player on the platform. DoubleTwist's app not only plays music and videos in a clean interface, but also has a desktop counterpart for iT...
Google's secret Wi-Fi snooping was powered by new sniffing technology that the company wants to patent, court documents filed Wednesday alleged.
The Kentucky Department of Education is replacing its e-mail servers with a free cloud-based offering from Microsoft, one that will supply 700,000 students, faculty and staff with e-mail and other information-sharing tools.
The folks at Facebook just might be wishing today that CEO Mark Zuckerberg just hadn't ... well, said anything about privacy yesterday at the Wall Street Journal 's All Things Digital conference.
Adobe Systems' newly released magazine digital viewer for iPad is the first component of an Adobe digital publishing platform that should help content producers more easily port their printed content onto various portable electronic devices, said Dav...
Laptops packed with Bluetooth 3.0 and WirelessHD are being shown at the Computex trade show in Taiwan and will be on the market this year, offering faster wireless data transfer speeds between PCs and TVs or mobile phones, for instance.
Budget Australian airline Jetstar has announced it will be undertaking a trial of the iPad as an in-flight entertainment device for domestic flights.
Technology that promises highly secure, confidential and self-destructing messages over the Internet isn't only available to top secret intelligence agents.
Search Engine Land, the news and information site that broke the story about how Lauren Rosenberg was struck by a vehicle and is now suing Google, has an update to the story: it was dark outside, and Google maps instructed her to walk across the stre...
Samsung has demonstrated a world first at a display conference in the US - a computer monitor that's powered solely via USB.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTInformation Security AdvisorNSW
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT