Even without cookies, popular browsers such as Internet Explorer and Firefox give Web sites enough information to get a unique picture of their visitors about 94 percent of the time, according to research compiled over the past few months by the Elec...
Apple's iPad won't put a crimp on sales of netbooks this year, an analyst has predicted.
NASA astronauts today successfully attached a Russian-built research module to the International Space Station during the second spacewalk scheduled for the space shuttle <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9176803/Shuttle_i_Atlantis_i_la...
IBM on Tuesday updated its System x iDataPlex servers to include graphics processors from Nvidia as it tries bring high-performance capabilities to its scale-out servers.
Cisco Tuesday said it intends to acquire privately held Moto Development Group, a product design consulting firm that helped develop Cisco's Flip video camera. Moto, not to be confused with Motorola (which sometimes is referred to by the nickname Mot...
Yahoo has agreed to buy Associated Content, an Internet company that commissions and publishes articles and other content from its network of 380,000 freelance contributors and that generates revenue from online advertising.
Semiconductor research firm Chipworks has disassembled Microsoft's Kin Two smartphone to find that the device is powered by an aging Tegra chip from Nvidia that could be outdated by the end of this year.
Hewlett-Packard reported solid results for its second quarter as strong growth in PC and x86 server sales helped offset an unremarkable quarter for its services business.
Amazon Web Services has added a new high-availability feature called Multi-Availability Zone (Multi-AZ) to its cloud-based Relational Database Service (RDS), the company said on Tuesday.
Facebook is launching a new mobile site designed to be a speedier and cheaper option to its main mobile site.
Google plans to acquire video and VoIP (Voice over IP) codec developer Global IP Solutions (GIPS) for approximately 421 million Norwegian kronor (US$68.2 million) in cash, the company said on Tuesday.
Microsoft today warned users of a vulnerability in the 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 that could be used to hijack systems.
Controlling a coilgun from your iPhone? I guess there's an app for that too!
With more than a million units sold in less than a month, it's pretty clear that Apple's iPad touchscreen tablet has been a success so far. But Apple isn't the only company out there to develop a tablet, as there are several iPad alternatives on the ...
Microsoft is set to begin rolling out the latest enhancements to its Hotmail Web mail service, with an aim to reduce clutter and make it easier to send photos and handle Office documents.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Here's how Microsoft is using containerization to protect Edge users
- Trump hotel chain fined over data breaches
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW