Nominet, the U.K.'s domain name registry, will begin implementing a security protocol on Monday designed to protect the DNS (Domain Name System).
Microsoft has several other botnets in its crosshairs, and believes it can use the same legal tactic against them that it deployed last week to strike at the Waledac botnet's command-and-control centers.
Less than four months after its unveiling at an early, experimental stage, Google Go looks promising to developers who say it offers significant improvements over other programming languages.
Microsoft and Google are stepping up their war of words. This time it's Microsoft's turn: It says Google is pointing fingers rather than addressing the European Commission's investigation into the search giant.
A home electronics retail store has filed a class-action lawsuit against Sony Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Toshiba Corp., LG Electronics Inc., Hitachi Ltd. and several subsidiaries, accusing the electronics manufacturers of colluding to fix p...
The hackers who broke into Google two months ago have gone after more than 100 companies, according to an estimate by security vendor Isec Partners.
After Palm Inc. admitted that its smartphone sales were below expectations, rumors started swirling that the company might be sold, or that it could be beefing up its product line with a WiMax smartphone for Sprint Nextel.
PayPal said that India's central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), has allowed it to resume Indian bank withdrawals for Indian businesses who use PayPal to sell their goods or services abroad.
That iPhone you adore may have been built by a child.
Intel on Monday will officially release the latest Atom N470 processor, which should bring faster performance and longer battery life to netbooks, a source familiar with Intel's plans said.
Remember that Hubspot statistic that revealed that almost 56 per cent of Twitter accounts are not following anyone? Or the one from Harvard Business Review which stated 10 per cent of active Twitter users are responsible for 90 per cent of all the tw...
Steam is the extremely popular digital content delivery system developed by Valve Corporation. Self-described as the "Nexus of PC Gaming," it has over 25 million users and is home to over 1000 games from both independent developers and big name publi...
Researchers at Florida State University have discovered crystals that could lead to super security chips as well as contribute to the discovery of materials that expand the capacity of electronic storage devices by 1,000 to 1 million times.
In a world dominated by Warcraft, it's a rare sight to see another MMO make its mark in the marketplace. Aion has managed moderate success in the US to match its dominance in Asia, and it looks like Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited could ...
After Chile's massive earthquake and potential Pacific Rim tsunami damage, relief organizations, government agencies, corporations and throngs of people are on Google, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other services to seek and provide information and ...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC