The PS3 can do 3D 1080p, but it probably shouldn't. That's what Sony's telling 3D developers, anyway, in what amounts to an unofficial cap trotted out in warning because the company is worried frame rates at high-def's current pinnacle resolution wil...
Seagate launched a new line of external hard drives--the GoFlex Home network storage system. The product is aimed at the home user market, but the GoFlex Home drives can also be a flexible, cost-effective backup and storage solution for small busines...
To save Apple's iPhone 4 from antenna scrutiny, all it took was the promise of free bumper cases> and a dose of Steve Jobs' magic.
Dell announced Monday that it plans to acquire Ocarina Networks, a maker of hardware and software designed to reduce the amount of storage capacity enterprises need, for an undisclosed sum.
Microsoft announced a broader release of the latest build of its Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system, and it's getting good reviews from developers. The company also says it started shipping thousands of prototype handsets to software developers ...
The iPhone 4's antenna and reception problems have given pause to two out of three current iPhone owners, who said they would postpone upgrading to the new model, said research firm IDC.
Facebook is hoping to hit a major milestone this week.
Security organizations today raised Internet threat levels to warn users that they expect widespread attacks using exploits of a just-acknowledged critical bug in all versions of Windows.
Apple's popular iPad tablet computer will Friday become available in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore.
You already know the basics of internet security, right?
The European Union is set to add €1.2 billion (US$1.5 billion) in funding for IT research in Europe, and about half the amount is earmarked for robotic systems, next generation network and service infrastructures, electronic and photonic components a...
The joint venture of Nokia Siemens Networks has agreed to purchase the network equipment division of Motorola for an estimated $US1.2 billion. Motorola's loss is Nokia Siemens' gain, as the acquisition catapults it into the number three spot for wire...
IBM this week rolled out a security device it says will protect online banking and keep cyber-criminals from being able to make fraudulent funds transfer even from a compromised PC.
Network stress testing tools are not for the underfunded, the underskilled or the faint of heart. Consider them carefully before deciding whether to purchase them or how to use them.
Microsoft this week updated its Visual Studio 2010 Productivity Power Tools, adding extensions and fixing bugs.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- FTLead/ Senior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW