BP has insisted it is learning serious lessons in cloud computing, information and workflow management, as well as improving processes and other IT systems, from five months of response efforts after its disastrous rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico...
Within the last ten days, Citrix Systems and VMware have each landed surprise blows in a fight that has heated up from an us-vs.-them platform debate to a real sparring match in the cloud and virtual desktop arenas.
India's National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom) on Wednesday described Ohio's ban on offshore outsourcing as discrimination against Indian outsourcers.
Oracle's board of directors has weighed in against a shareholder proposal calling for the creation of a board-level committee on sustainability, according to the proxy statement for the vendor's upcoming annual meeting.
HP expanded its IP phone and wireless LAN offerings for small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) on Wednesday as part of a broad set of product introductions for those customers.
Google morning raised the stakes in the search space on Wednesday with the introduction of Google Instant, which will provide faster, more intelligent searching and results on the company's site.
Criminals intent on attacking others can lease networks of compromised computers, or botnets, from other criminals serving the underground community. These resources could be considered "clouds" in their own right, but researchers warn that operators...
CapGemini's announcement last week that it would invest $298 million in Brazilian IT service provider CPM Braxis attracted a lot of attention in outsourcing circles. The move will give the Paris-based company a 55 percent stake in CPM Braxis, the opt...
SingTel Optus has been called to the principal's office by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission again after alleged breaches of the Trade Practices Act for misinformation in its 'Think Bigger' and 'Supersonic' broadband plan promotional...
Prime Minister Julia Gillard's Labor victory yesterday opened the boom gate for the National Broadband Network Company to get back into full gear after it put a freeze on tender awards and restricted spending in the limbo that was the post-election p...
Red Bend, a mobile software management company, has acquired VirtualLogix to stake its claim in the emerging field of mobile virtualization.
Hoping to ease a typically arduous deployment process, Citrix and Cisco Systems are jointly offering a package for running a large number of virtual desktops across an organization.
Epson has announced the upcoming release of two new models in its home cinema line-up. Taking over as the company's flagship models from the Epson EH-TW3500, EH-TW4500 and EH-TW5500 home cinema projectors which were released in 2009, the new Epson EH...
Sony plans to end manufacturing of televisions in Europe this year and will sell its TV manufacturing plant in Spain to two local companies, it said Tuesday. The move, which is part of Sony's ongoing restructuring, will increase the company's relianc...
Samsung announced that it is entering the arena for dual-core mobile processors. Joining rival platforms like the Qualcomm Snapdragon and the Tegra 2, Samsung will soon have a dual-core A9 processor--codenamed "Orion"--available for smartphones and t...
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTOperational Safety Project ManagersSA
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTHealth Electronic Claiming Systems BA - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW