The head of the global Internet addressing authority will visit China this week, according to people briefed on the matter, highlighting questions about China's Web censorship after it applied to offer domain names that end with Chinese characters.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday launched its first mainstream business laptop with a touchscreen, but said it would be cautious in bringing touch technology to its existing business laptop lines.
Mio has equipped its latest navigation device, the Moov V780, with a 7-inch touchscreen, support for HD playback and the option to integrate support for WiMax.
In what is a familiar response to unwelcome news, the power of social networking and online campaigning is being used in a bid to secure the future of two radio stations seemingly under threat as a result of BBC cutbacks.
Google has acquired Picnik, whose Web-based application lets people import and edit photos in a browser.
EMC is expanding its security consulting services to help enterprises tackle the complexities of securing their data and complying with regulations in virtualized computing environments.
Netgear has introduced products for powerline-based home networking at up to 500M bps (bits per second).
Members of Unite union have voted to accept Fujitsu's proposals tabled by mediation service Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS).
Microsoft on Sunday confirmed it's investigating an unpatched bug in VBScript that hackers could exploit to plant malware on Windows XP machines running Internet Explorer (IE).
Tuesday May 4 has been named as this year's Day against Digital Rights Management (DRM) by the President of the Free Software Foundation.
Mozilla's Firefox lost share in February, the third consecutive month that the browser has slipped, according to metrics data published today.
Microsoft Windows climbed out of its rut last month to gain market share, Web measurement company NetApplications.com said today.
While worldwide semiconductor sales in January were up just slightly from December, they wildly outpaced numbers from the same time a year ago.
Microsoft will install a plug-in for its Outlook 2010 e-mail application for Xing, a large professional networking site dominant in Germany, the companies said Monday.
FalconStor Software Inc. and Violin Memory Inc. today announced a new appliance aimed at accelerating data transfers on storage area networks (SAN) through the use of solid state drives as a massive cache.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Google tool lets users personalize the ads they see
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Huawei beats Samsung and all Android rivals on security patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCHelpdesk (Level 1 Support)QLD
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC