Dell on Tuesday announced a partnership with telecommunications provider Telefonica to develop mobile products and services, which would expand its smartphone business in Latin America and Europe.
Just five days after a Google researcher published information of an unpatched Java bug, a compromised song lyrics site is sending users to a Russian attack server exploiting the flaw to install malware, an antivirus firm said today.
Apple today patched a critical Mac OS X vulnerability used by a security researcher three weeks ago to win $10,000 for hacking Safari at the Pwn2Own contest.
Q: What's the connection between one of the world's top rock and roll performers and a sinking U.S. smartphone maker? A: Venture capital.
Hewlett-Packard has expanded its consulting services to help enterprises get a better handle on the range of new client devices and software that have recently been introduced to the market, the company announced Wednesday.
Twitter co-founders Biz Stone and Evan Williams shared some long-awaited usage figures for the service and sought to assure developers that Twitter is becoming a stable platform for building applications, as they kicked off the first-ever developer c...
Today, Cisco announced a handful of new additions to its Services Ready Platform, Wireless VPN Firewall, and Cisco 100 Unmanaged Switch lineups aimed at small businesses.
Intel will introduce a dual-core Atom processor this quarter as it tries to improve the performance of the inexpensive, low-power chips, CEO Paul Otellini said during an earnings conference call on Tuesday.
Intel on Wednesday announced a line of microprocessors for the embedded processor market aimed at a range of products, from digital signs and electronic car dashboard systems to digital cash registers, IP phones and digital blackjack machines.
Intel sees its Light Peak technology for linking devices by optical cable as potentially succeeding USB 3.0, a change that in several years could mean the disappearance of a port used almost universally in gadgets today.
Intel showed off a pocket-sized device that monitors power usage by gadgets and appliances across a house, from toasters to computer monitors and video game consoles.
Ubisoft's Splinter Cell Conviction launched on Monday to high reviews and a frozen second level, the latter of which was quickly remedied. For folks who may not have been so high on the game in general, Ubisoft is looking to sweeten the deal by givin...
Worldwide PC shipments increased by 24.2 percent during the first quarter of 2010 compared to the same period last year, with desktop PC shipments growing for the first time in more than a year, IDC said in a survey released on Wednesday.
A man who forgot to remove a thumb drive from a shared computer that he was using, waived his privacy claims to the content on that device, a federal judge in Florida has ruled.
The latest family of Intel microprocessors, code-named Sandy Bridge, will be in production by the end of this year, while desktops and laptops with the chips will likely be on world markets in early 2011.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - Voice And DataVIC
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW