Eighty-two percent of businesses have not planned for the potential overload on their IT systems as staff are expected to follow the World Cup during work hours, a new survey has found.
It appears that Apple isn't the only one dealing with product leaks. On May 30, Engadget stumbled across a roadmap with the specs for the entire fall collection of mobile chips from Intel.
The world's second-largest contract manufacturer of laptops is spreading its bets on tablet PC operating systems. It is building tablets running Microsoft Windows, Google's Android, and the MeeGo OS backed by Intel and Nokia.
Tracking and cracking network performance problems is no easy task. More than a matter of identifying often mystifying bottlenecks, ensuring network efficiency requires an almost preternatural understanding of your organization's IT operations, as we...
The growing 3D trend has spread from cinemas to TVs and now to computers, with PC makers including MSI and Asus showing off systems at Taiwan's Computex show this week that can play back 3D movies, games and Internet content.
A year after Microsoft launched Bing, the product has returned Microsoft to credibility in the search market, and appears to have prompted renewed innovation at Google.
Hewlett-Packard has announced plans to cut 9,000 jobs as it restructures its enterprise services business and automates the services it offers enterprise customers.
A new open-source device that will kill any past, current, or even future iPhones may soon make its way to the market. It is also compatible with all iPads...and any Apple product for that matter.
It looks like Google will stop using Windows internally due to security vulnerabilities in the OS. Google reportedly will switch to more secure operating systems, including the Mac OS, Linux, and Google's upcoming Chrome OS, according to the Financi...
At the behest of equipment manufacturers looking to build a new class of ultra-thin notebooks, Hitachi GST announced today it will begin shipping quarter-inch thick hard drives -- 26-percent slimmer than the current drives in most laptops and netbook...
Visitors to Taiwan's Computex trade show received a loud welcome on Tuesday morning as labor unions and environmental groups protested against some of the biggest names in the IT industry.
Via Technologies showed off a working prototype of its dual-core x86 processor, the Nano DC, at the Computex exhibition in Taiwan.
The Lahore High Court in Pakistan on Monday ordered Facebook to be unblocked in the country, after the government said that the web site had promised to make material considered derogatory inaccessible to users in Pakistan.
Intel plans to talk about its future technology and product plans at Computex, but doesn't have any big surprises lined up for the Taiwanese hardware show, which opened Tuesday.
Intel plans to release a version of its Atom processor early next year that's designed for ultra-thin netbooks and tablet computers.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM AdministratorACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCProject SchedulerACT
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCITSM Process AnalystNSW
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW