Three Google executives were handed suspended six month prison sentences by a Milan court on Wednesday for privacy law violations relating to a video posted on Google Video showing the bullying of a handicapped boy.
Apple recently pulled thousands of sex-tinged applications from its App Store for containing "objectionable content" but has quickly come under fire for being hypocritical by retaining some other apps from well-known publishers, including Playboy and...
Server shipments increased in the fourth quarter of 2009, but revenue fell as x86 servers continued to bite into the declining market for Unix servers with RISC and Itanium chips, Gartner said in a study released on Wednesday.
An Italian's judge's decision today to impose a six-month suspended jail sentence on Google's global privacy counsel, Peter Fleischer, and two other company executives over a video showing the bullying of a disabled teenager has evoked outrage in the...
Telstra's prepaid Next G customers will receive a welcome boost to their monthly data usage after the company announced data allowance changes to its mobile broadband plans.
The Attorney-General's Department has received a flood of submissions from supporters of the introduction of [[artnid: 329754| R18+ classification for computer and video games in Australia | R18+ classification for video games finally coming to Austr...
Google is being investigated for possible anticompetitive behavior in Europe following complaints filed against it there by three competitors, Google revealed in a blog post Tuesday.
Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to unveil a new all-in-one PC with a 24-inch touchscreen at the Cebit electronics show next week, designed for 3D games or movies such as Avatar.
Adobe today patched a critical vulnerability in the Windows utility used to download the company's two most popular products, Adobe Reader and Flash Player.
Xerox has filed a lawsuit against Yahoo, Google and YouTube alleging infringement of Xerox patents on search and integration technology.
Less than a week after Western Digital's 2TB Caviar Green WD20EASD hard drive hit stores in the US, Seagate launched its own rival hard drive family featuring a 2TB storage titan. The company's new Constellation series of enterprise drives will arri...
Nokia and Sky have joined forces to launch an app that allows mobile phone users to watch live Premiership football matches on a number of Nokia handsets.
Comcast unveiled on Tuesday an aggressive plan to deploy new DNS security mechanisms that are designed to protect Web site operators and consumers from a specific type of hacking attack that involves hijacking Web traffic and redirecting it to bogus ...
Inveneo Project Director Andris Bjornson, on the roof of the Haitian headquarters of CHF International, installs the base antenna for a series of Wi-Fi links to aid groups across Port-au-Prince. CHF shared its satellite link with other aid organizati...
Japan's NEC said it has successfully completed and tested a network simulator for network optimisation of LTE (long term evolution), the next generation mobile broadband standard.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCChange ManagerNSW