Fasthosts has introduced a range of virtual servers, based on Microsoft Hyper-V, that allows customers to configure a server by choosing capacity, processor power and control settings that meet changing business needs.
Storage technology vendor DataCore Software Corp. is touting a three-dimensional approach to virtualization that encourages organizations to address server, desktop and storage concurrently from the outset when building a virtualized environment.
One of the world's largest data centers has opened for business in the U.K., protected by bomb-proof glass and powered by enough electricity to run a small city.
Dell has filed a lawsuit against five LCD makers that charges them with colluding to fix prices for products, a Dell spokesman said Monday.
It's a brave new world. Unfortunately--continuing the literary allusion--Big Brother is watching. As technology makes more information more accessible, it also threatens to expose information that is not intended to be shared. Privacy is a concept th...
The Jericho Forum, which advocates improving e-commerce security through knowledge that network perimeters are fading, says organizations need to ask themselves and their vendors tougher questions.
The newest version of Zeus, a do-it-yourself crimeware kit responsible for millions of dollars in losses by consumers and businesses, comes with anti-piracy provisions similar to those used by Microsoft's Windows, a researcher said today.
I just received an email from Wikileaks editor Julian Assange that's pretty wild. It accuses the U.S. government ofdeliberately trying to take down the whistle-blower site PDF two years ago.
Only a few weeks left until the Apple iPad--the Wi-Fi version at least--will actually ship and be available in stores. Reports suggest that Apple sold more than 120,000 iPads when pre-orders began last Friday, and it seems safe to assume that the ear...
Some Linux users insist that anything you can do on Windows, you can do better on Linux. While there's some truth to that, many of us have Windows applications that make completely leaving Windows close to impossible. That's where CodeWeavers' latest...
Both Google and the Chinese government appear to be leaking word that the search firm may soon shutter its operations there as negotiations between the two break down.
As far as publishers go, Bethesda usually takes a "quality over quantity" approach to its new releases, with the company usually sticking to the cream of the crop when it comes to new title announcements. Today, the company announced its newest relea...
The recently removed heads of Infinity Ward, Jason West and Vince Zampella, have signed with the biggest talent agency in Hollywood -- the Creative Artists Agency -- leading to speculation as to where the duo may end up next.
Microsoft officials Monday confirmed at the company's MIX 10 developers event in Las Vegas that native applications will not be allowed on Windows Phone 7 devices. Only applications running in the Silverlight runtime environment or games in the XNA G...
Apparently we aren't the only species to prefer the crisp, smooth picture of an HDTV compared to that from one of those old CRT sets of yesteryear.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC