Google Inc. is not poised to leave China because it's shocked over its cyber security problem. It's no more shocked than Captain Renault was to discover gambling at Rick's Caf? in the movie "Casablanca."
Cloud computing is here to stay and Wipro is focused on tapping this lucrative industry. The company has announced the launch of two new solutions--digital customer experience platform and loss prevention platform--for the retail industry.
Ten years ago on Jan. 13, 2000, Microsoft's Bill Gates turned over the CEO reins to Steve Ballmer, who emphasized then that the Internet would be the target for much of the company's new software development efforts.
The policy of random laptop searches and seizures by U.S. government agents at border crossings is under attack again, with a pair of civil rights groups seeking potential plaintiffs for a lawsuit that challenges the practice.
Telstra has announced new wireless broadband plans with higher data allowances and the end of excess usage charges. The new BigPond plans will be available from 18 January.
The number of office workers using their corporate network to illegally file-share has increased, says ScanSafe.
In the absence of a new version of Windows Mobile, LG said it plans to use Android on more than half its smartphones, despite a recent pledge to use primarily Microsoft's mobile operating system.
Australia's most popular online job-finding site, www.seek.com.au, is advertising a position for 'Biotic-Powered Super-Soldier' with the Cerberus organisation. The advertisement features a list of skill requirements, including familiarity with heavy ...
RealNetworks' founder, Rob Glaser, is stepping down from his role as CEO, the company announced on Wednesday.
Google's decision to take steps that may result in its having to leave China is an act of real courage and patriotism.
Google's threat to pull out of China in light of recent cyberattacks on its servers there comes at a time when Google is actually gaining share on Chinese search engine market leader Baidu.
Google and other enterprises still face a bleak computer security landscape that makes their companies vulnerable to hackers, whether they do business in China or not, analysts say.
Microsoft today said that retailers can continue to sell unmodified versions of Word 2007, even though a court order that required the company to remove custom XML technology from the software took effect Monday.
Salesforce.com's move this week to raise US$500 million through a debt offering has observers speculating the on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) vendor is set to go on a shopping spree, but opinions vary on exactly what one will entail.
RCA showed a prototype of its Wi-Fi Hotspot Power Harvester called Airnergy that's designed to convert Wi-Fi radio signals into DC power for charging small wireless devices such as smartphones.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Tech groups call on presidential candidates to support encryption, embrace other IT issues
- Cisco patch stops attackers from taking over TelePresence systems
- Foxtel announces delayed English Premier League coverage confounding Optus' live EPL coverage debacle
- Box launches a product just for government users
- Apple patches vulnerable OS X Git version that put developers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW