The latest beta version of Skype offers the ability to do group video calls with up to 10 people.
Aiptek has introduced the i2, a pocket-sized twin lens camcorder that can record 3D video, at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin.
Google is spending US$8.5 million to settle a class-action lawsuit filed over the rollout of its Google Buzz social-networking service.
Philips introduced the GoGear Connect, an Android-powered device that can play music and movies, take pictures and surf the web, during the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin.
The inside of the new Apple TV likely resembles the interior of the iPod Touch, a move that allowed Apple to dramatically cut costs, a Canadian research company said today.
While acknowledging the importance of HTML5, Microsoft stressed this week that its Silverlight rich Internet technology extends the Web beyond what HTML5 allows.
Armin Van Buuren is one of the world's most well-known trance music DJs. He also apparently has had his credit card details stolen.
A Nigerian man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for sending out fraudulent e-mails offering victims big bucks in exchange for moving cash to the United States.
Google Wave, the social networking service canceled by Google, will morph into an application bundle for real-time collaboration, a Google engineer said this week.
Microsoft released this week an upgrade to a tool that helps secure applications for the Internet without having to recode them.
Still waiting for Android 2.2? Given the slow pace of Froyo's rollout to Android phones, sometimes it feels like waiting for Godot. And if you're especially unlucky, the new version of the operating system won't even make it to your phone.
Apple's internally developed A4 chip could be implemented in new devices such as low-power servers, TVs or even communications or entertainment boxes, if the company tries to expand the chip's footprint, analysts said.
Nvidia on Friday announced seven new GeForce 400M series graphics cards for laptops, which could provide parallel-processing capabilities to accelerate Web browsing and 3D image rendering.
Huawei has launched the IDEOS, or U8150, smartphone, which will cost between US$100 and $200, depending on the market, the company said on Thursday at the Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) trade show in Berlin.
It's official. iOS 4.1 is "coming soon" for iPhone and iPod Touch users.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
- Finsix Dart-C charger review: Tiny, powerful, and worth the expense
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPSoftware Asset ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD