Intel has ported Google's Android mobile operating system to smartphones based on its Atom microprocessors, an Intel executive said Tuesday.
Intel will team up with Chinese Internet company Tencent on development using the next generation of the MeeGo mobile operating system, Intel said Tuesday.
Microsoft has no plans to bring its newly announced Kin handsets to Asia, despite the large size and relative sophistication of Asian cell-phone markets, a company spokeswoman said Tuesday.
Network and Web site operators are coming under increasing pressure to support IPv6 -- the long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol -- as more market indicators point to the rapid depletion of addresses for IPv4.
Cisco finally announced the newest member of its Flip family, the Flip Slide HD. This newest Flip camcorder sports a three-inch resistive touchscreen for viewing your home flicks as well as 720p video, and 16GB of storage for recording up to four ho...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's comment last September that his company had "screwed up" with Windows Mobile had some theorizing that Microsoft's handheld team was in disarray and probably unable to take on the Apple iPhone and other devices.
Microsoft and Adobe Tuesday separately delivered a raft of security updates that address vulnerabilities said to impact common user activities such as watching video files or opening PDFs.
Twitter executives will likely face a tough audience at the company's first conference for third-party developers, many of whom are concerned that the company is building applications and tools that could compete with -- and squash -- their own.
Considering the TV series House centers around an unorthodox doctor, it isn't too surprising that the production crew took an unorthodox approach to filming the Season Six finale.
Intel is talking to several companies to use their Web software programming tools with the AppUp store, including Adobe Air and Microsoft Silverlight, but it's having a hard time finding anyone to talk to about Java.
As if Oracle did not have enough work convincing MySQL users of its good intentions, the company also should set its sites on getting the Java platform back on track, contends a Google chief architect.
Twitter on Tuesday introduced a new service called Promoted Tweets, which will let companies send ads in the form of ordinary messages, according to a blog posted by co-founder Biz Stone.
Simon the robot, who has the ability to learn new tasks, got his first public outing at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Atlanta Monday.
Intel on Tuesday reported strong earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2010, with the company calling it the "best first quarter ever."
Microsoft Research and Carnegie Mellon University publicly unveiled work at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Atlanta Monday that makes an entire body a touch interface. Called Skinput, the system listens to the sounds made by tapping on p...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia