In a recent newsletter we introduced the concept of Application Delivery 2.0, a major component of which is virtualization. This is the fourth in a series of newsletters that discusses how we think that virtualization will dramatically shape 2010 and...
Hacking has topped human error as the top cause of reported data breaches for the first time since such tracking began in 2007, according to the Identity Theft Resource Center's 2009 Breach Report.
The family of Blade Runner author Philip K. Dick is to sue Google for infringement of intellectual property rights over the name of its recently announced Nexus One smartphone.
"Lions, and tigers and bears! Oh, my!" Anyone who has ever seen The Wizard of Oz knows that's the sum of the fears of Dorothy, Scarecrow and Tin Woodsman as they head into the woods on their way to Oz. For the network security administrator dealing w...
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg added fuel to the ongoing privacy debate with recent statements that users no longer care about privacy. While the statement itself may be a little simplistic, the sentiment may be accurate and the success of Facebook is ...
Protecting business information--the most basic element in any business--should be the priority of firms in ensuring security and managing risks in their organizations, data from a global information security survey conducted by Ernst & Young reveale...
NComputing has reportedly launched the industry's first USB-connected virtual desktop (model U170) at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
It's a new year, and with it comes a renewed lust for companionship. Combined with the recession's effects on dating and the narrowing channels of discovering love outside the Internet, many are hunching over their laptops flirting in hopes of findi...
The excitement around 3D TV at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) did not appear to be influencing companies at the AVN-Adult Entertainment Expo taking place at the same time, despite the fact that the adult industry is often a first m...
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's contention last week that privacy is becoming less important to online users caused a stir across the Internet and among privacy advocates.
The Nexus One "superphone" revolution appears to be experiencing some backlash. Google's Nexus One has been available for less than a week, yet customers and developers are already amassing a growing list of issues and complaints.
The Nexus is raising quite the ruckus. From the squabble over the device's name to complaints over poor 3G performance and subpar support, Google's first foray into phone sales is taking some unfortunate twists.
Middleware vendor Progress Software announced Monday it has purchased BPM (business process management) vendor Savvion for approximately US$49 million.
If you had any lingering doubts that social networking is pervading our lives, doubt no longer.
Continuing its quest for more ERP (enterprise resource planning) market share, Microsoft on Monday announced a new application aimed at mid-sized speciality retail chains.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia