Microsoft will release a new mobile OS for enterprise handheld devices later this year as it tries to simplify the Windows Mobile upgrade cycle for customers, the company said Thursday.
Google will unveil on Thursday what it calls significant improvements to Commerce Search, a cloud-hosted search service that online retailers can sign up for to power their e-stores' search functions.
Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc. today announced plans to ship a 128GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity available for smart phones, tablet PCs and digital video cameras.
Twitter on Thursday kicked off a test of a new revenue source.
Apple's iPad may soon put a stake in the heart of netbooks, research analysts said this week.
A visual history of the science and sci-fi of phone calls you can see. (And, no, it didn't start with The Jetsons.)
U.K. government ministers are not allowed to use Apple's iPhone but Blackberries are fine, presumably for security reasons, according Health Secretary Simon Burns .
PC maker Lenovo on Thursday announced its first 3D laptop, aimed at gamers and users who want to watch HD movies.
Microsoft is running a contest looking for ideas for Windows Phone 7 apps, offering the winner US$5,000, a free phone and a promise to actually develop and offer the app by the end of the year.
The remaining pool of unallocated IPv4 addresses could be depleted as early as December due to unprecedented levels of broadband and wireless adoption in the Asia Pacific region, experts say.
Apple's iPhone 4 boasts 512MB of system memory, double the amount in last year's iPhone 3GS and the newer iPad tablet, Computerworld has confirmed.
These days, having access to wireless broadband is an absolute necessity for home offices and small businesses.
Microsoft is confirming that "many thousands" of pre-release Windows Phone 7 handsets will be given to selected developers starting in July, but confusion over how that will be done continues.
Just when it seemed that Facebook's privacy tumult was quieting down, more fuel was added to the fire this week.
Swype's software that lets users input text on a touchscreen phone by gliding their finger from one letter to another on a virtual keyboard is now available in beta version for Android.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC