Adelaide became the first city in Australia to utilise WiMAX broadband technology as South Australian ISP Adam Internet yesterday switched on its AdamMax broadband network.
Sony Australia has announced the expansion of its PlayStation 3 Christmas promotion, offering another 10,000 free consoles for purchasers of selected models of Sony Bravia TVs.
With a 75-year retention requirement and 5 petabytes of data, the US Department of Veterans Affairs faces major challenges when it comes to storing data in its primary data center in Austin, Texas.
The Apache Software Foundation for open source projects is readying an upgrade to its Tomcat Java servlet container, with improvements eyed in areas such as scalability and security, Apache personnel said on Wednesday afternoon.
There is a new kid in town in the world of botnets - isn't there always? A heavyweight spamming botnet known as Festi has only been tracked by researchers with Message Labs Intelligence since August, but is already responsible for approximately 5 per...
Intel Corp. will release a $120 solid-state disk (SSD) drive positioned as a server "boot drive" with only 40GB of capacity, but the drive could also be used in low-end laptops PCs and netbooks.
Google has invented a new programming language designed to reduce the complexity of coding without compromising the performance of applications.
Logitech plans to acquire LifeSize Communications, a company that makes HD video communications equipment, for US$405 million in cash, the companies said Tuesday.
Microsoft Corp. may have ditched the three application limit on the Windows 7 Starter Edition, but other restrictions on the netbook-only version of the operating system will be an unwelcome surprise for many netbook buyers, according to a survey pub...
Amazon released a Kindle for PC app, available as a free 5.17MB download for Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
Sprint Nextel expects to lay off as many as 2,500 people by year’s end, on the heels of reporting that it lost 545,000 customers in its third quarter.
Microsoft has yanked a tool it touted as a way for netbook owners to install Windows 7 without a DVD drive after a prominent blogger accused the company of using open-source code without acknowledging where it originated.
Sales of Verizon Wireless and Motorola's Droid on opening weekend came nowhere near the iPhone's debut numbers, but thanks to some recent history, we know that comparing anything to Apple's smartphone just isn't fair.
Despite increased profit in the first half of its fiscal year, Vodafone has decided to double its planned cost reductions, the operator said on Tuesday.
Apple on Monday updated Snow Leopard for the second time, fixing a data deletion flaw and an iMac performance issue, while blocking Atom-based netbooks from running its operating system.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW