Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer bragged up Windows 7 success last night in his keynote speech at CES.
BMC Thursday announced it has acquired privately-held Phurnace Software in a deal that BMC says will help it deliver technology to reduce the cost and complexity of deploying Java applications into virtual and cloud environments.
Juniper Networks has issued seven security advisories for its products, including a fix for a nasty bug that could be used to crash the company's routers.
The new AR Drone helicopter combines an iPhone and virtual games to make a product that's drawing much attention at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. The helicopter, or what France-based Parrot calls a quadricopter has four fans that allow ...
Android developers are grumbling about Google's delay in releasing software development kits for new versions of the mobile operating system.
Italian antipiracy campaigners have hailed a recent ruling by Italy's highest appeal court as a "landmark" in the international battle against copyright theft, though service providers appear uneasy.
Dell plans to release a handheld device with a slightly larger screen than its current smartphone, the Mini 3i, company executives confirmed Thursday.
Nvidia launched its next-generation Tegra processor for low-cost laptops and tablets on Thursday, which could intensify competition with rival Intel in the chip market.
Microsoft on Wednesday posted an update for Word 2007 that ditches the custom XML tagging technology a federal court banned the company from including in its software after Jan. 10.
Intel on Thursday officially released its next-generation chips, which should improve the system performance and battery life of laptops.
Google's Nexus One, built by Taiwan's HTC, offers much of what one expects in a high-end 3G smartphone. Yet is it enough, and good enough, to give the iPhone 3GS a run for the money? Initial reviews like its design, speed and integration with the Web...
Microsoft's full-body game control system Project Natal will be launched in time for the holidays this year, in what promises to be a big year for Xbox 360 users.
Advanced Micro Devices announced new DirectX 11 mobile graphics processors which should bring improved graphics and application performance to Windows 7 laptops, the company said on Thursday.
Seagate Ltd. today at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas released its first USB SuperSpeed 3.0-enabled external hard disk drive, the BlackArmor PS110, which has up to three times the performance of its previous USB 2.0 products.
A spokesperson for Western Digital has told PC World that Australians will likely see the first external hard drives with USB 3.0 connectivity by the end of the month.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA