A majority of laptops come with USB 2.0 ports, but that will change as its successor, USB 3.0, begins to take hold. HP has said it will bring USB 3.0 to a majority of its high-performance and business laptops later this year.
More than 500,000 units of Targus' Universal Wall Power Adapters for laptops have been recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
A day after Google revamped its search results page, the company has revealed similar changes to the search results available to Android and iPhone smartphone users.
Microsoft came under fire from some of its rivals on Wednesday for its decision not to offer Internet Explorer 9 -- and hence support for the upcoming HTML 5 standard -- to users of its older Windows XP operating system.
US agencies targeting the sale of counterfeit networking hardware have gotten 30 felony convictions, including a man attempting to sell fake networking equipment to the US Marine Corps, and seized $US143 million worth of fake Cisco hardware, the US D...
Telecommunications equipment vendor Alcatel-Lucent saw losses grow and revenue drop during the first three months of 2010. Positive signs in some markets were cancelled out by a component shortage.
After several years of suffering through a deep economic slump, the worldwide semiconductor industry is about to hit a high-water mark, signaling a rejuvenation of the industry.
New rumors are flying about the latest additions to iPhone OS 4.0, the latest iteration of the iPhone operating system scheduled for public release this summer. Based on the latest developer release, the upcoming OS will supposedly offer new features...
Google Apps administrators will be able later this year to add to their domains Google applications that aren't officially part of the hosted communications and collaboration suite, the company announced Thursday.
VMware's SpringSource is acquiring database-caching software company GemStone Systems, the company announced Thursday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Intel on Thursday said it would release a successor to its eight-core Nehalem-EX chips next year with more cores and faster speeds as it tries to push the limits of server performance.
The first reviews of Microsoft's Kin phones are in, and while critics don't agree on whether the phones are a success, they do agree on one thing: the price of Verizon Wireless' data plans could doom the phones to obscurity.
Apple on Tuesday released the third beta version of iPhone OS 4, only to temporarily rescind it due to an apparent problem with the installation process for the accompanying software development kit.
The next flight simulator from Ubisoft, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 will be coming to the PC, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii at an undisclosed date this fall, the company announced today.
THQ revealed higher-than-expected fourth quarter profits for fiscal year 2010, but posted a lower-than-expected profit outlook for 2011. Darksiders and Metro 2033 drove sales.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halt WhatsApp data transfers, German privacy watchdog tells Facebook
- Alleged YouTube music ripper sued by industry for copyright infringement
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- IBM promises a one-stop analytics shop with AI-powered big data platform
- Yahoo's claim of 'state-sponsored' hackers meets with skepticism
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT