Today's commercial-grade programming languages -- C++ and Java, in particular -- are way too complex and not adequately suited for today's computing environments, Google distinguished engineer Rob Pike argued in a talk Thursday at the O'Reilly Open S...
Dell will pay US$100 million to resolve an investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission into the company's past accounting and financial reporting practices, it said Thursday.
A sequence of errors led to Dell's delivery of motherboards with malware and the company is in the process of overhauling its testing process to resolve issues before dispatching hardware to customers, it said on Thursday.
Every new IBM mainframe says something about the times we live in, and today's latest mainframe release is no different. The zEnterprise system, as it is now called, has become a cross-platform management system, a sovereign of other systems.
AOL Thursday opened a new smartphone portal and introduced an application that will initially be exclusive to Android.
Google and IBM came out on top as the leading cloud computing vendors in a survey of developers revealed this week by Evans Data.
Motorola has amended a two-year-old industrial spying lawsuit to include competitor Huawei Technologies, which Motorola claims received valuable technology from its own rogue employees.
The release of Office 2010, as well as continued strong sales of Windows 7, helped buoy Microsoft through another quarter of increased revenue and profit, the company announced on Thursday.
Nokia reported flat sales for the second quarter, with a 40 percent year-on-year drop in earnings. The company is still seeing customers shun its high-end smartphones.
The amount of cash in circulation is continuously increasing and the vision of a 'cashless society' will not become a reality in the foreseeable future, according to Ovum.
Internet searches surged during the World Cup soccer tournament, helping Baidu.com score its best quarter ever in terms of revenue and net profit.
Law enforcement officials from 38 states have sent a letter to Google, asking the company whether it tested its Street View mapping software before discovering it was snooping on Wi-Fi networks as the Street View cars drove through neighborhoods.
The GSM technology used by the majority of the world's mobile phones will get some scrutiny at next week's Black Hat security conference, and what the security researchers there have to say isn't pretty.
Swedish indie folk singer Jose Gonzalez recently treated Rockstar's New York office to an acoustic rendition of Far Away, which features on the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack. The song appears in the game during John Marston's sojourn to Mexico. Reli...
Research In Motion has been slowly releasing details of its forthcoming BlackBerry 6 operating system and this week outlined some of the multimedia features.
Find out how Michael Hargreaves, owner of an Enterprise Content Management software business is able to use the Dell XPS to get serious work done in the office and on the road.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- UPS launches an autonomous drone from a delivery truck
- Redfin CTO says machine learning needs human help
- Java and Python FTP attacks can punch holes through firewalls
- Intel's Atom is underwhelming no more: New chip packs 16 cores
- Don’t wait for 5G: LTE could be your key to IoT
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical SpecialistNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk Support (CISCO)QLD
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)ACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)WA
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC