After several years of suffering through a deep economic slump, the worldwide semiconductor industry is about to hit a high-water mark, signaling a rejuvenation of the industry.
New rumors are flying about the latest additions to iPhone OS 4.0, the latest iteration of the iPhone operating system scheduled for public release this summer. Based on the latest developer release, the upcoming OS will supposedly offer new features...
Telecommunications equipment vendor Alcatel-Lucent saw losses grow and revenue drop during the first three months of 2010. Positive signs in some markets were cancelled out by a component shortage.
Google Apps administrators will be able later this year to add to their domains Google applications that aren't officially part of the hosted communications and collaboration suite, the company announced Thursday.
VMware's SpringSource is acquiring database-caching software company GemStone Systems, the company announced Thursday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Intel on Thursday said it would release a successor to its eight-core Nehalem-EX chips next year with more cores and faster speeds as it tries to push the limits of server performance.
The first reviews of Microsoft's Kin phones are in, and while critics don't agree on whether the phones are a success, they do agree on one thing: the price of Verizon Wireless' data plans could doom the phones to obscurity.
Apple on Tuesday released the third beta version of iPhone OS 4, only to temporarily rescind it due to an apparent problem with the installation process for the accompanying software development kit.
The next flight simulator from Ubisoft, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 will be coming to the PC, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii at an undisclosed date this fall, the company announced today.
THQ revealed higher-than-expected fourth quarter profits for fiscal year 2010, but posted a lower-than-expected profit outlook for 2011. Darksiders and Metro 2033 drove sales.
Privacy advocates' criticism over recent moves by Facebook and Google Buzz begs the question: Is privacy possible in a social network? And, if so, which social-network service does it the best?
Skype this week will start offering plans to let users call international wireline and wireless phones at significantly lower rates than its current pay-as-you-go services.
One year after his Black Hat talk on Automated Teller Machine security vulnerabilities was yanked by his employer, security researcher Barnaby Jack plans to deliver the talk and disclose a new ATM rootkit at the computer security conference.
One day in the distant future, when our descendents complain about their sluggish "yottabit" Internet connections, they may -- thanks to the efforts of a University of California Davis student -- state their desired network performance in hellabits.
Making a call using a mobile device over a wireless cellular network is so commonplace today that it's easy to forget the huge networks, comprised of wires, cell towers, routers, switches and data centers, that power those calls.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW