After releasing its largest-ever group of security patches two weeks ago, Microsoft has done a little cleaning up.
A Philadelphia developer has rooted out an unfinished feature of Windows 7 that turns any laptop into a wireless access point, allowing other Wi-Fi-enabled devices to share the connection without special software.
Few organizations across Europe have upgraded to IPv6, the new version of the Internet's addressing protocol, according to a survey commissioned by the European Commission.
Facebook has abruptly decided to pull the plug on its Application Verification program, which let external developers pay to have their applications certified as exceeding certain requirements.
Nintendo will launch a new version of its handheld DS next month with a larger screen, it said Thursday.
Amazon Payments has introduced a new way to pay at Amazon.com and a number of other web retailers. The service is called PayPhrase and lets users enter a phase and personal identification number to speed up the checkout process, it said on Thursday.
File-sharing site The Pirate Bay should be closed, and if it isn't, two of the founders will each have to pay a fine of 500,000 Swedish kronor (US$71,500), according to a verdict in the Stockholm District Court on Wednesday.
Canonical on Thursday updated its Linux distribution for netbooks, simplifying the interface and adding new programs that the company says will make it easier for users to access and use Web content.
Facebook has abruptly decided to pull the plug on its <a href="http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Verification">Application Verification program</a>, which let external developers pay to have their applications certified as exceeding certa...
Ever wish you had someone to accompany you on a long drive -- a companion that knows you well, can help you avoid traffic jams, maybe even help find the cheapest gas along the route home from work?
Oracle has provided new details about its plans for certain key Sun Microsystems technologies, including the GlassFish application server and the NetBeans application development toolkit.
Microsoft has confirmed that users can apply a workaround trick to do a clean install of Windows 7 on a blank hard drive as long as they toe the licensing line.
Even before the phones it is hinging its future livelihood on hit the market, Motorola posted a surprise profit and upped expectations for the current quarter.
Google is changing the way it resolves music-related search queries through a variety of partnerships designed to help it provide more relevant and useful results.
SAP's revenue fell in the third quarter, but earnings rose -- although neither figure was as high as analysts had hoped. The company said it expected the decline in software and software-related service revenue to continue.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC