Extreme Networks is offering next-generation data centre products to enable the migration to virtualised data centres and new infrastructure solutions that feature high scalability, performance and simplicity.
Virtualization is understood as one of the key building blocks for private clouds. As a dynamic technology that enables IT organizations to reinvent how they think about management, it has the potential to make some things easier or make all things h...
This week Google whisked back the curtain on Buzz, its dive into the world of social-networking technology.
Juniper Networks has set up a new division to explore new opportunities in what the company calls 'New Network' demands.
The security measures at Royal Dutch Shell are under close scrutiny after the details of 176,000 employees and contractors were emailed to campaigners.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications expanded its line of smartphones based on Google's Android software platform on Sunday, adding two new touchscreen models: the Xperia X10 mini and mini pro.
Samsung is hoping a "Super-AMOLED" capacitive touchscreen will set the GT-S8500 Wave, the company's first smartphone based on its own Bada platform, apart from the competition, it said on Sunday. But analysts are questioning if the platform will be a...
Macworld Expo without Apple is a smaller, lower-key affair, but that hasn't kept Apple enthusiasts from attending the show. The show floor is as packed with attendees as ever, despite Apple's absence. And in a sense, the lack of Apple isn't such a ba...
Speculation is mounting that Microsoft will show off the Windows Mobile 7 operating system at a wireless industry conference in Barcelona next week. Customers have waited through a series of delays and setbacks, but if those predictions turn out to b...
The Internet advocate who blasted Microsoft in 2006 over the daily "phone home" habits of its anti-piracy software took the company to task again today for a new practice that will examine consumers' Windows 7 PCs every 90 days to make sure they're r...
Just weeks after patching a critical flaw, Adobe Systems is rushing out another patch for its Reader and Acrobat software. The company also patched a critical issue in Flash Player Thursday.
A former security researcher turned criminal hacker has been sentenced to 13 years in federal prison for hacking into financial institutions and stealing credit card account numbers.
In an effort to boost sales, sellers of a fake antivirus product known as Live PC Care are offering their victims live technical support.
Hewlett-Packard has launched the Compaq AirLife 100, a smartbook based on the Android OS and Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor, it said on Friday.
A hard-to-detect rootkit may be causing Windows XP systems to crash following Microsoft's latest security updates.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW