Facebook's ongoing domination of the Web reached new heights when it paired with Yahoo to integrate updates, games, and more into the number two search engine. Now that Yahoo users can enjoy Facebook without leaving Yahoo sites (click on the screen c...
Sprint announced on Monday it sold a record number of the Android-based smartphones on the phone's first day of availability on Friday, June 4. The carrier did not give any specific figures, but said it saw temporary shortages of the device at some o...
More mobile network operators are placing their bets on the same next-generation mobile networking technology to offer users faster connections, according to a report from the Global Mobile Suppliers Association (GSA).
Cisco is looking to take popular social networking tools and tricks and bend and meld them into a platform that's focused on business.
Microsoft has announced that the first Service Pack for Windows 7 will be available as a public beta next month.
Gaming news is trickling out of Apple's annual tech conference, WWDC 2010, and the hot item of the hour is FarmVille for your iPhone. That's right -- you can now harvest your virtual crops and visit your friends' farms literally all the time.
HTC acquired a French company that makes software used by operators and phone makers to design mobile phone home screens.
Microsoft has added .NET Framework 4 support to the Windows Azure software development kit, making it easier for developers to build web applications in the cloud.
As the technology industry moves toward the cloud, users can ease the transition by adopting a hybrid computing model, said Bob Muglia, Microsoft's president of servers and tools, at the kickoff keynote speech at the company's TechEd 2010 event in Ne...
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has launched its Energy Star program for data centers, meaning companies can start applying today to see if their facility qualifies for an Energy Star logo.
The IT Department where Daniel Toth works won't let him use open source software because they believe it's a security risk. Is it?
A large-scale study of password-protected Web sites revealed a lack of standards across the industry that harms end-user security, according to two researchers working at the University of Cambridge in England.
Three years after being sued by Cisco Systems for giving its iPhone the same name as a Cisco product, Apple has taken another page from the Cisco playbook, renaming its iPhone operating system, iOS.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs on Monday announced the fourth-generation iPhone during a keynote speech at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
If you're wondering why Apple's latest phone is known as the "iPhone 4" instead of the more widely-used "iPhone 4G," it could be because the new device still relies on 3G connectivity.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSenior Test EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW