The European Commission has approved Hewlett-Packard's US$2.7 billion takeover of 3Com without attaching conditions, the Commission announced on Friday.
Samsung has unveiled its latest smartphone -- the Samsung Wave -- at the opening of the Mobile World Congress convention in Barcelona.
Red Eagle announced plans to create a game based on the late Robert Jordan's 15-book long series (still in progress under author Brandon Sanderson) in November of 2008 after acquiring the rights to the series. Not much was said about the project afte...
2010 is shaping up to be a good year for Skype. A few weeks back, spokesperson Peter Parkes confirmed the company's VoIP iPhone App would soon be able to access AT&T's 3G network. Now it appears Skype could be making its way to Verizon's network.
The Church of England has not been accepting of video games in the past, decrying Sony's use of the Manchester Cathedral in the PlayStation 3 game Resistance: Fall of Man. The country's scientific community have also rallied against gaming, with form...
To coincide with the Top Gear Live show, Acer is offering its Ferrari One notebook for a special price of $1299 from Harvey Norman. It runs on the AMD Vision platform, which includes an AMD Athlon X2 L310 CPU and an ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics adapte...
Samsung yesterday launched its 2010 notebook range high above Sydney Harbour.
Brave users of history's earliest computers programmed those massive electronic beasts through jumper wires plugged into arrays of sockets.
A German court on Thursday issued a restraining order at the behest of Smartbook AG to stop Lenovo from using the "smartbook" trademark to describe low-cost laptops in Germany.
As the U.S. Department of Transportation proposes stricter rules on the shipments of lithium batteries, a close look at Federal Aviation Administration data finds that mid-air incidents involving batteries have been both rare and, apart from one cata...
SGI is rolling out what it believes is the first hosted supercomputing service on the market.
An abundance of products based on Google's Android OS as well as modems for the next-generation mobile network technology LTE (Long-Term Evolution) will greet visitors at Mobile World Congress, which starts on Monday in Barcelona.
Skyfire plans to extend its browser to the Android mobile platform after acquiring Kolbysoft, the maker of the Steel browser interface for Android.
A popular Twitter application used to measure the influence of Twitter users has been hacked and used to send spam messages.
Sometimes, Christmas comes very early indeed. A woman in the US has managed to sell a Nintendo NES and five games for the astounding sum of $13,105. Turns out that one of the titles in her tatty collection was the super-rare Stadium Events.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT