Google has decided to stop censoring its results in China and could end up closing its operations and shutting down its search engine there, the company said Tuesday.
Adoption and use of 3G networks and wireless broadband exploded last year as consumers flocked to grab the latest Internet-ready mobile, according to new research.
Memeo, a privately-held company focused on helping users share, manage, and protect their data, announced the launch of Memeo Connect for Google Apps.
Facebook Tuesday joined the Apache Software Foundation as a Gold sponsor, looking to cement its commitment to open source and pledging to help drive the group into the future.
The open beta of Star Trek Online begins today and runs through January 26th, a week before the February 2nd launch date.
Though Nvidia didn't say much about its upcoming Fermi chips at CES 2010 last week, rumors have been circulating that these GPUs will be available in mid-March in "low quantities" according to Tom's Hardware.
The Android 2.1 SDK is now available. Developers and handset manufacturers can download the latest Android development kit and begin to take advantage of the new functionality that Android 2.1 delivers.
Google's Android mobile operating system is stealing the spotlight from Windows Mobile 7, so much so that reports say Microsoft's latest OS is delayed (again) due to Google's success.
Absolute Software has added a new feature to its Computrace Lojack anti-theft software that can remotely turn a stolen laptop into a useless, non-bootable 'brick'.
Although 802.11n Wi-Fi technology was found in less than 1 percent of Wi-Fi-enabled smartphones last year, in 2014 at least 87 percent of Wi-Fi-capable smartphones, such as Apple's iPhone, will feature this latest of the 802.11 protocols.
Google and T-Mobile USA today reacted to hundreds of online complaints about the Nexus One smartphone and confusing customer support for the device, with a Google spokesperson characterizing the complaints as having come from a "small group of custom...
Nexus One mobile phone users, already outraged about inconsistent 3G coverage and confusing customer service, joined with bloggers today to gripe about a $350 equipment recovery fee Google is imposing on phones that are returned before 120 days and a...
U.S. copyright law should be updated to better reflect the changing ways that mashup artists and other new content creators use existing works, some participants in the first World's Fair Use Day said.
While a study last year found use of Facebook has led to lower grades among college students, a survey of University of New Hampshire students released this week concluded that the popular social network is not keeping them up at night.
The group that took down Twitter.com last month has apparently claimed another victim: China's largest search engine Baidu.com.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC