Businesses should test Microsoft Windows 7 this year, in order to orchestrate a move away from Windows XP by 2012.
Brocade this week rolled out 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 8Gbps FibreChannel modules for its routers and storage-area network switches designed to increase the wire-speed density of both platforms to better support network consolidation and improve servic...
Australian ISP Exetel has moved to terminate a number of unprofitable accounts, asking some users of its broadband service to move to another provider. In addition, according to a newsletter sent to customers yesterday, the "off-peak" period, which d...
If a report is accurate and Google is urging its workers to dump Windows because of security concerns, the company's rationale is bogus and disingenuous, analysts said today.
Advanced Micro Devices gave reporters a first look at its upcoming Fusion processors on Wednesday in a demonstration calculated to reveal as few specifics about the chips as possible, lest the information fall into the hands of rival Intel.
Internet Explorer (IE) gained browser usage share last month in the U.S., while major rivals Firefox and Chrome both lost ground, Microsoft said today, citing data from Web analytics firm Net Applications.
Gartner is highlighting 10 mobile and wireless networking technologies -- including new versions of Bluetooth and location-awareness -- it says will play a big role in business-to-employee and business-to-consumer interactions over the next couple of...
Visionary CEO Steve Jobs ushered in a new era in mobile computing with the introduction of the legendary iPhone back in 2007, and nothing has been the same ever since. Increasingly, the iPhone has crept into the enterprise space, what with the platfo...
Pixel Qi, a display start-up that's generating buzz with a laptop screen that works well under indoor and outdoor lighting, showed off prototype touchpanel versions of the new display on Tuesday.
The latest gadget disassembled by iFixIt is the HTC Evo 4G smartphone. And just in time. The first phone capable of running on a WiMAX network is <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/051310-sprint-to-make-htcs-evo.html ">due on Sprint's net...
Hoping to understand what a new generation of mobile malware could resemble, security researchers will demonstrate a malicious "rootkit" program they've written for Google's Android phone next month at the Defcon hacking conference in Las Vegas.
The latest gadget from Sony's in-house geeks will surely get your cat tweeting. A prototype tweeting cat collar, which Sony created in collaboration with the University of Tokyo, last month's Open House 2010.
Google's Street View Cars have logged every wireless network in the UK, it has been revealed.
Intel used the Computex conference in Taiwan to announce new chips aimed specifically at tablets, as well as dual- core Atom processors for more powerful netbook computers. Intel's battle for a share of the tablet market, and efforts to defend its po...
Hewlett-Packard Co. today said it is cutting 9,000 jobs, but also plans to hire 6,000 new workers as part of shift to highly automated data centers that rely less on people with hands-on IT skills and more on those with sales and delivery expertise.
Take home aCrucial Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 UDIMM valued at $399.95 this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW