The top trends affecting technology infrastructure over the next five years can be summed up as largely a list representing where IT and users are battling for control over technology.
The European Commission issued a call to arms to European lawmakers and those involved in the process of digitizing books Monday, urging the European Union to create a "pro-competitive European" answer to the legal arrangement Google and others seek ...
Data broker ChoicePoint, the victim of a 2004 data breach affecting more than 160,000 U.S. residents, has agreed to strengthen its data security efforts and pay to compensate potential victims of identity theft for a second breach in 2008, the U.S. F...
People all over Earth can already access Google's services online. For the next three months, some of them will be able to access those same services from above Earth too.
The appeals of those convicted in April in the high-profile Pirate Bay copyright violations trial won't be heard until next year, the court said on Monday.
With some considerable fanfare, Electronic Arts and Harmonix released the latest version of Rock Band (iTunes link) today -- it's now a US$9.99 iPhone app with in-game song purchasing enabled.
Mozilla has unblocked one of the two Microsoft-made add-ons that put Firefox users at risk from attack and will probably unblock the second in the next 48 hours, the company's head of engineering said today.
AT&T raised the stakes last week in its recent dust-up with Google over an online voice service, accusing its rival of blocking phone calls to nuns.
Apple on Monday posted an increase in net profit and sales for its fourth fiscal quarter of 2009 despite a year-over-year decline in iPod shipments.
Ericsson will soon launch a platform designed to let consumers buy online content such as news stories with the charge billed to their mobile phone rather than other payment methods, such as a credit card.
Mozilla has now unblocked a Microsoft add-on thought to pose a danger due to a software vulnerability, but a second add-on remains blocked, the organization said on Sunday.
After transcripts of some voice mail messages from Google Voice users appeared in search results, Google has modified the telephony management service to prevent this from happening, the company said Monday.
Google, not known for using conventional marketing to promote its wares, has nonetheless found that such an approach is effective for its enterprise products and will roll out internationally a campaign it launched in the US in August.
Oracle should resolve antitrust concerns over its acquisition of Sun Microsystems by selling open-source database MySQL to a suitable third party, its cofounder and creator Michael "Monty" Widenius said in a blog post on Monday.
It seems every hard-drive manufacturer wants in on the USB 3.0 race. Digital product manufacturer Dane-Elec have announced a new line of external hard-drives that support the new faster USB 3.0 standard, claiming they will be the first company to rel...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia