An article last week in Network World displayed all of the glorious promise, challenge, and contradictions of cloud computing in less than 1000 words. The article focused on the quality of support for Amazon Web Services' user forums, based on a stud...
Despite predictions that cloud computing will change the economics and strategic direction of corporate IT, the cloud's greatest impact so far has been in focused, often small projects that owe little to visions of complex, enterprise-class, computin...
Many people are dismissive of Wikipedia. For example, back in 2005, as quoted in the Ideas in Action blog, Robert McHenry, a former editor-in-chief of the Encyclopedia Britannica, argued: "Many revisions, corrections, and updates are badly done or fa...
Telstra has announced it will launch its third Android smartphone, the LG Optimius. First unveiled at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the LG Optimus smartphone was originally named the GT540 and is targeted at consumers who are buying their first...
Telstra today signed a non-binding Financial Heads of Agreement with NBN Co to participate in the rollout of Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN).
User frustration ran high in IT news this week. People cursed Apple and AT&T after both companies' Web sites crashed from the crush of iPhone 4 pre-orders.
Intel's next-generation processor code-named Westmere-EX may include more cores than the company's current server chips, according to the title of a paper about the chip announced on Sunday.
New research has further confirmed the difficulties security software companies are having keeping up with an explosion in malicious software programs on the Internet.
The open-source content management system WordPress turned seven years old last month. In its lifetime, it has attracted a devout following: More than 28,000 people download WordPress every day, with over 11.4 million active installations, including ...
Apple's total iPhone user base may reach as high as 100 million users by the end of 2011, according to Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty. In a widely reported research note, Huberty expects to see about 42 million iPhones sold by the end of 2010 a...
Facebook released a point-by-point rebuttal to an open letter about privacy from consumer watchdog groups this week, saying that it already created measures to protect user privacy and that its instant personalization pilot program has been greatly m...
The Samsung Captivate The Samsung Captivate, an Android 2.1 smartphone, will go on sale at AT&T later this year, offering a 4-in. Super AMOLED touchscreen display and a 1 GHz processor that may help make the device a viable competitor to the iPho...
Intel's research and development group was the first internal segment to increase efficiency with an infrastructure- and platform-as-a-service approach, improving its server utilization rate from 59 percent in the first half of 2006 to 80 percent tod...
Oracle has brought in the big guns to assist in its intellectual-property lawsuit against rival applications vendor SAP, hiring attorney David Boies, well-known for his high-profile role prosecuting the U.S. government's landmark antitrust case again...
An interface designer interning at Mozilla has suggested that the company mimic gimmicks in Google's Chrome to make users think Firefox starts up faster.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AI should enhance, not replace, humans, say CEOs of IBM and Microsoft
- Sensitive access tokens and keys found in hundreds of Android apps
- Microsoft's first tethered Windows 10 VR headsets to ship in March
- Terrorists are winning the digital arms race, experts say
- Low-end Android phones could get VR with new Imagination GPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- FTITSM Project Manager - PERM ROLE !!!!!!ACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW