Solid state drives are appearing in all types of gear these days. We tested seven SSD-based products – three PCIe boards, two SAN systems, a server blade system and a standalone SSD.
Google and other online companies need to stop "willfully" disregarding privacy laws in many countries when rolling out new products or privacy policies, or they may face fines and other sanctions, data protection commissioners from 10 countries said...
Facebook has closed Lite, the stripped-down version of its site aimed at users who wanted a simpler experience than the main site offers.
European IT and telecom ministers called for the introduction of open standards and interoperability in government procurement of IT on Monday, sparking applause from the industry.
Left 4 Dead 2's first DLC campaign, The Passing, is due out next week on the Xbox 360, allowing gamers to see the characters of the two zombie-killing sims interact with each other.
Samsung has developed a 20nm process for manufacturing NAND flash memory chips -- leapfrogging the 25nm process unveiled less than three months ago by IMFT, the joint venture between Intel and Micron. Intel and Micron may be forced to engage in a fla...
The fluffy clouds and light pastel color scheme are the last things you'd associate with Bionic Commando Rearmed, but that may be the developers' intent with the website design behind their new studio, Might and Delight.
Panasonic has announced the upcoming release of its 2010 LCD and plasma televisions, with new edge-lit LED televisions also available soon. 3D TV pricing was also announced, with a 50in Full HD 3D plasma television available in June for $3299.
Microsoft today patched 25 vulnerabilities in Windows, Exchange and Office, including nine marked "critical," the company's highest threat ranking.
After testing endpoint and perimeter data loss prevention products, we conclude our series with a look at data loss prevention tools that can do both.
In the wake of high profile cyber-bullying cases -- such as the one that led to a teenage suicide in 2006 -- social networking sites have been tightening the belt on Internet security.
A week after Web hosting company Network Solutions dealt with a large-scale infection of WordPress-driven blogs, the company acknowledged that other sites it hosts have been compromised.
The information stolen from Google in cyberattacks late last year included a password system that gives users access to multiple services after just one login, according to a news report.
Tyler Shields, senior member of the Veracode Research Lab, spends a lot of time <a href="http://www.csoonline.com/podcast/533263">picking apart those BlackBerry devices</a> that are ubiquitous across the enterprise. What he's found may disappoint tho...
Cisco Systems closed its acquisition of Tandberg on Monday, formally ending a tense struggle over the fair value of the Norwegian videoconferencing vendor.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halt WhatsApp data transfers, German privacy watchdog tells Facebook
- Alleged YouTube music ripper sued by industry for copyright infringement
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- IBM promises a one-stop analytics shop with AI-powered big data platform
- Yahoo's claim of 'state-sponsored' hackers meets with skepticism
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW