This month, Square-Enix is opening what is probably the only Japanese role-playing game-themed bar in Roppongi, Tokyo.
Microsoft doesn't have a business model problem in the mobile market, but its phones are skewed toward business users at the expense of consumers and are not as modern as they need to be, Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's entertainment and device...
While augmented reality apps have been positioned as the "new hotness" on smartphones for a while now, there have been very few games that blend all of the requisite parts of the technology to make something fun. Shadowforce seems to be onto somethin...
The mobile phone is turning into the platform of choice for banking in emerging markets. In developed markets, however, the phone has struggled to compete with existing payment methods, and the challenges aren't going away in 2010.
Athletic shoe maker Adidas launched the latest version of its miCoach training gadgets in the U.S. alongside the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week in the hope of enticing people to use the system to meet their New Year's ...
Aircell, the company offering the Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi service on many airlines, will launch an in-flight video downloading service later this year.
The group developing a standard for wireless charging expects to complete its first specification within six months, opening the door for makers of cell phones, digital cameras and other devices to bring compatible products to market.
Advanced Micro Devices will put triple-core processors into laptops to fill a power and performance gap, the company said.
Acer is recalling about 22,000 Aspire laptop computers after customers reported that some models were overheating.
The former director and CEO of BetOnSports.com, a large offshore sports-wagering business, has been sentenced to 33 months in prison for his role in running the illegal gambling operation.
Vint Cerf, a co-designer of the Internet's TCP/IP protocols and considered a father of the Internet itself, emphasized the need for data portability standards for cloud computing during an appearance on Thursday evening.
The W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) has posted a draft set of APIs that Web applications could one day use to store structured content offline.
All browser makers should take a page from Google's Chrome and isolate untrusted data from the rest of the operating system, a noted security researcher said today.
In a small meeting room at the edge of the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show, a startup company is demonstrating a motion-sensing interface technology that could offer a radical new way for interacting with games, PCs and televisions.
Cisco acquired more start-ups than any other corporation over the past decade, in a list dominated by IT vendors such as IBM, Microsoft, EMC and Oracle.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
- Google goes after Microsoft, Tableau, and others with a new free analytics tool
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD