Matias Duarte, formerly vice president of human interface and user experience at Palm, has left to take a job with Google, marking one of the first defections since Hewlett-Packard announced plans to buy the struggling phone maker.
Apple has unveiled local iPad pricing ahead of the tablet's May 28 down under launch, while Telstra, Optus and VHA have all announced pricing of their iPad data plans.
Apple has finally launched its iPad tablet in Australia. Unfortunately, if you haven't pre-ordered an iPad and you didn't join the hundreds of keen geeks in the queues this morning at Apple's new Bondi Junction store (or another official Apple Store)...
Never mind a specific date; the whole month of May is synonymous with Star Wars. So, in a final nod to The Empire Strikes Back’s 30th anniversary, consider storing your stuff on one of these five flash drives from Mimoco, purveyors of the Mimobot fla...
More than one third of Asia Pacific technology companies now fear the rising wave of protectionism by governments as a threat to enterprise expansion, according to new research by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
PC maker Lenovo marked its return to profitability on Thursday but said higher component costs put a dent in results for its last fiscal year.
Many new technologies have emerged in the world of IT but none is more confused and misunderstood than cloud computing. Here is another new technology paradigm that is crying out for a set of common standard definitions and a global consensus of unde...
Whether you're out on the road for weeks at a time meeting with clients, just popping into the city for a weekend conference or taking the family on a hard-earned vacation, a few well-chosen applications can turn your BlackBerry from a communications...
Intel is considering hardware-based acceleration for Google's new WebM video file format in its Atom-based TV chips if the format gains popularity, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
Google's recent purchase of codec innovator Global IP Solutions (GIPS) has observers in a froth over a possible showdown between Google Voice service and Skype, the most popular and largely free VoIP service that includes video and conferencing. But ...
Apple opened a new retail store in Bondi Junction and launched its new iPad tablet in Australia this morning.
Mozilla plans to submit an application to Apple's iPhone App Store next month, but it won't be a full-fledged Firefox browser, the company said Wednesday.
Three men are facing federal fraud charges for allegedly raking in more than US$100 million while running an illegal "scareware" business that tricked victims into installing bogus software.
Artist Nils Guadagnin's latest creation is bound to please many fans of the Back To The Future trilogy: He's created a replica of Marty McFly's iconic hoverboard that can actually hover--as long as nobody stands on it, that is.
Acer today announced its latest smartphone in its Liquid lineup of Android-powered devices, the Acer Liquid Stream. What sets this phone apart from its brethren of Donut- and Eclair-running Android smartphones is the Stream's 5.0-megapixel camera th...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTAccount Executive - SMENSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst / Solutions Design - LogisticsNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTIdentity and Access Management SMEACT
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA