Marten Mickos, the longtime CEO of MySQL who eventually sold the open-source database company to Sun Microsystems for US$1 billion, has taken a new job as CEO of Eucalyptus Systems, the company said Friday.
Could Nintendo's Mario and Luigi be headed for blackboards and pop-top desks after decades battling bob-ombs, chain chomps, hammer bros, and koopa troopas? Mario creator and Nintendo R&D guru Shigeru Miyamoto certainly hopes so.
Earlier this week Microsoft unveiled a preview of the engine behind its next-generation Web browser, Internet Explorer (IE) 9.
The sale of what is claimed to be the most valuable domain on the Internet, sex.com, has been halted after a creditor forced the company owning it into bankruptcy.
Google has patched 11 vulnerabilities in the Windows version of Chrome, including one that earned its finder the first $1,337 check from the company's new bug bounty program.
Facebook has backtracked on plans to install a 'panic button' on the social network that would allow users to report abuse.
Siemens has announced the cull of 4200 jobs worldwide from its IT business.
Just a few weeks after Microsoft pulled the plug on its Windows Essential Business Server (EBS), IBM has beefed up its own pre-integrated package for small and medium-sized businesses, called Lotus Foundations.
If you love an old-fashioned courtroom battle with a new media twist, the Google vs. Viacom copyright-infringement case makes for great entertainment. This lengthy (and particularly pissy) quarrel, which dates back to 2007, centers on Viacom's claim ...
EMC CEO Joe Tucci was awarded a compensation package valued at $9 million in 2009, according to documents filed this week with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
The barrier for using XP Mode virtualization in Windows 7 just got lower.
A recently disclosed patent request suggests Apple may be working on a mobile social networking application that would presumably let iPhone users form ad-hoc groups based on their locations.
Google has launched a new project for Chrome that will let the browser run a wider range of 3D graphics content without downloading additional drivers.
Malware-tainted memory cards may have ended up on as many as 3,000 HTC Magic phones, a greater number than first suspected, Vodafone said Friday.
Mozilla yesterday confirmed a critical vulnerability in the newest version of Firefox, and said it would plug the hole by the end of the month.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Chromebook is designed to welcome Android apps
- Adobe patches critical vulnerability in ColdFusion application server
- Opening up Z-Wave code may help to make IoT hum
- Acer is betting your pets need gadgets too
- Bang & Olufsen puts a new spin on the portable Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW