Magazines and newspapers seeing their revenue imperiled by the Web's freewheeling ways may be finding hope in the iPad, the iPhone and other new media-friendly mobile devices, to judge by a number of panels at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference, held ...
Symantec announced <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/197336/norton_plans_to_go_beyond_the_pc.html">Norton Everywhere today</a>--a new approach to security that abandons the traditional PC-centric model and takes a more holistic approach to deli...
The Apple iPad officially goes on sale in the UK at 8am tomorrow, 28 May, however some pre-order units of the touchscreen, tablet-style computer have been delivered a day early.
E-readers like the Kindle and Nook are surging in popularity but will hit a wall in 2014 when sales drop off due to competition from a wide range of consumer electronic devices, including the iPad, according to Informa Telecoms & Media of London.
Attacks targeting Facebook users will continue, and could easily become even more dangerous, a security researcher said today.
The Unix server business has been hit particularly hard during the current recession.
Google has closed its acquisition of AdMob, following news less than a week ago that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission would not block the deal.
The Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) is suing three of the largest U.S. mobile operators, charging they infringed a patent by selling wireless LAN products.
Beyond its power to give voice to the mundane details of millions of members' lives, Twitter has managed to influence politics, sport, diplomacy, science - just about every realm of human endeavor. Here's a quiz about some of its more publicized uses...
<a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137163/Apple_Update">Apple</a> 's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9108338/Continuing_coverage_Apple_s_iPhone">iPhone</a> came out on top in terms of customer satisfaction compared with ...
For a minute there, it looked like hell had frozen over.
Microsoft had planned to enter the tablet market, but recently pulled the plug on its Courier prototype. Now, critics are claiming that Microsoft must develop something to challenge the Apple iPad and stake a claim in the tablet arena, or else. On th...
One Laptop Per Child won't use Microsoft's Windows OS on its upcoming XO-3 tablet, which will run Linux, OLPC's CTO said Thursday.
Whole lotta shakin' coming from the Redmond, Wash., vicinity, and I'm not talking about an earthquake. Yesterday Steve Ballmer beheaded his president of entertainment and devices, 22-year veteran Microsoftie Robbie Bach. Bach's top design guy, J Alla...
SGI is making some big changes to its ICE Cube family of containerized data centers, adding new models that will be able to house standard server racks for the first time.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCWeb Developer - WordpressNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA