Millions of servers around the world are doing little more than wasting energy, according to a new study.
Unix software vendor SCO, struggling through bankruptcy and a Unix copyright trial involving Novell, has fired president and CEO, Darl McBride.
Until now, Windows Vista was the most secure version of the Windows operating system.
Guessing what eye-popping growth figures Microsoft will trumpet for its popular portal and collaboration app, SharePoint, has become an annual parlor game for fans and detractors alike.
Sony will later this week unveil a prototype 3D display that can be seen through 360 degrees without the need to wear special glasses.
BMC Software said Monday it has signed a deal to buy London startup Tideway Systems, which makes software for tracking and analyzing IT system components. Terms of the deal, which is expected to be concluded this week, were not disclosed.
Enterasys this week is introducing a major upgrade to its Ethernet switch line in an effort to better serve converged networks, including those that are heavily virtualized.
Micron Corp. today introduced what it claims to be the industry's highest endurance, highest capacity multi-level cell (MLC) and single-level cell (SLC) NAND flash memory.
Internet-linked televisions, many containing peer-to-peer download tools, are winning buyers in China despite piracy concerns and a battle between government factions over how to regulate the industry, according to analysts.
Let the shot-taking commence: Microsoft Xbox 360 director of product management Aaron Greenberg comes out punching (well, movie-style pulled punches, anyway) in an interview with Game Informer, calling Sony's anticipated leading September PS3 sales "...
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday narrowed its net loss during the third quarter of 2009 as the company inches closer to profitability.
Panasonic is getting serious about robotics and has begun a push to commercialize a series of robots over the next few years.
Google has scrubbed plans to fully integrate its Chrome web browser with Microsoft's new Windows 7 operating system.
Rockstar Games has announced today that Grand Theft Auto IV is joining the growing library of classic Xbox 360 titles available for download through the Xbox Live Marketplace Games on Demand service.
Our Apple-focused affiliate, MacWorld, discovered earlier today that an update to the iPhone Developer Program has allowed the use of in-app transactions in free apps, a practice that was previously limited to paid apps. With iPhone game developers d...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC