Japan's NEC said it has successfully completed and tested a network simulator for network optimisation of LTE (long term evolution), the next generation mobile broadband standard.
Juniper Networks will give its R&D efforts a big boost by funneling $50 million into a venture fund to back new companies in virtualization, green IT and other networking fields.
Google has become the subject of a preliminary investigation by antitrust regulators in Europe following complaints by three of its rivals there, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday evening.
Developer Team 17 is moving ahead on their Steam and PlayStation Network ports of Xbox Live Arcade game, Worms 2: Armageddon -- but they're also teasing a brand-new 2D games called "Worms Reloaded" just for Steam.
A subtle spec upgrade over the last few months has made unlocked more usable RAM for developers. That may not mean much to you, but it's good news for uber-huge games like the 35GB God of War.
Microsoft plans to invest heavily in its cloud platform but expects to see little revenue for two to three years, Bob Muglia, the president of the server and tools business, said Tuesday.
VeriSign is introducing a certification service that confirms whether a business is legitimate and that their Web site is free of malware.
PocketGear on Tuesday said it acquired Handango, creating the biggest cross-platform mobile application store.
Microsoft's to-do list in the software development space includes continued or new investments in multiple areas, including cloud computing, the Web, parallel computing, devices, and agile and distributed development, a company executive said in a bl...
Toyota has again ruled out the possibility that electronic problems are to blame for instances of sudden acceleration in some of its cars, it said ahead of a congressional hearing in Washington, D.C., Tuesday on the issue.
Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday shuffled executives, tapping an internal candidate, Tom Iannotti, to run the enterprise services business for the company.
A judicial review, over the planned extradition of Nasa and Pentagon hacker Gary McKinnon, has been set for 25 and 26 May.
The U.S. government, if confronted in a cyberwar today, would not come out on top, a former U.S. director of national intelligence said Tuesday.
Intel Capital and other venture capital firms will invest US$3.5 billion in U.S. technology firms over the next two years, and Intel and 16 other large U.S. companies will step up their hiring of U.S. college graduates, especially those in computer s...
Amazon Web Services has added a new "high memory extra-large" instance option for its AWS' Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service, which provides scalable computing infrastructure over the Internet.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle RDBMS/UNIX) 160810/AP/713Asia
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC