Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday said it has added USB 3.0 ports to its latest laptops that could boost data transfers between computers and devices such as storage drives and digital cameras.
Slots that support faster SDXC flash storage cards are reaching consumer electronics devices, which could boost the performance of devices like camcorders and digital cameras, multiple companies said on Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices is expected to show off its latest laptop processors on Thursday, including quad-core chips for laptops that are due in a few months.
LG Electronics MobileComm plans to demonstrate a next-generation cellular modem that can download data at speeds up to 100M bits per second.
At a splashy press event at CES in Las Vegas, Toshiba trotted out its latest and greatest HDTV, the Cell TV, with its companion media center set-top box.
Online video consumption has skyrocketed in the U.S., and while Google remains safely at the top of the heap, entertainment-heavy MySpace ironically has seen a drop in unique viewers and videos served.
Mozilla yesterday fixed a flaw in Firefox's upgrade mechanism that's prevented many users from migrating to the newer version 3.5.
New pico projectors are making their entrance at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, offering a better image quality that manufacturers hope will let them break into the mainstream.
Amazon.com is selling its Kindle DX with a 9.7 inch display in over 100 countries outside the U.S. It is available for pre-order starting Wednesday, with actual shipments scheduled for Jan. 19, Amazon said on Wednesday.
The concept of powering devices without wires may sound still sound awesomely sci-fi to many users. Today's near-field devices remain hampered by their short range and inefficiency.
Next week, Adobe Systems will begin testing new automatic software designed to make it easier for Reader and Acrobat users to keep their products up-to-date.
Discovery Communications and ESPN both are launching 3D television networks in the U.S., hoping to move the technology out of theaters and into the living room.
Apple has acquired Quattro Wireless, according to an item posted Tuesday on the mobile advertising company's blog.
Asustek Computer showed a bit of style on Tuesday, skinning a netbook with faux alligator hide and outfitting a new premium widescreen laptop with dual touchpads and big Bang & Olufsen speakers.
Western Digital Corp. (WD) today introduced its fastest My Book external hard drive, which uses the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface that's up to 10 times faster than previous-generation USB 2.0 drives.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
- What's old is new again with MIT's latest bug finder
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC