Google has made investments in wireless networks, is testing gigabit-to-the-home technology, and is selling 60,000 Android smartphones a day -- yet has no plans to compete with network operators, CEO Eric Schmidt told attendees at the Mobile World Co...
MWC is the premier global event for the mobile phone industry. Here's the latest in mobile innovations, from Barcelona this week.
Acer has spilled details hinting at an imminent release date for Nvidia's latest Ion 2 graphics platform, which could potentially turn netbooks into multimedia powerhouses.
U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski on Tuesday laid out some details, including an ambitious "100 Squared" initiative, that will be part of the agency's National Broadband Plan that it will send to Congress in March.
Hewlett-Packard Co. today upgraded to its entry-level modular storage array, and added network failover features to its midrange array via its SAN/iQ SAN clustering software.
Hola! On day two of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, we managed to go from cursing our mediocre Internet to praising Orange Spain for its handy wireless broadband. We were also treated to a number of new Android smartphones, including two that are...
In the middle of groundbreaking announcements from the likes of Microsoft, Nokia and Samsung, LG has so far been fairly quiet at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Jointly unveiled by HTC and Telstra at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, HTC's Desire will be the first Android smartphone available through Telstra. We were fortunate to get a quick hands-on demo with the new handset. So is it really desirable?
Telstra has announced it will be selling HTC's latest Android smartphone, the HTC Desire, in Australia.
High Tech Computer (HTC), the world's biggest maker of Windows Mobile and Google Android OS smartphones, is working on technologies for applications used in handsets and application stores and plans to put this software to use but not until a later t...
I had some pretty big expectations for the next generation of Windows phones; the 6.5 update just didn't cut it. I wanted a smooth, super touch-friendly user interface that is easy to navigate. Oh, and full integration with the Zune software. To my d...
One of the two new smartphones with Google's Android mobile operating system that High Tech Computer (HTC) plans to start selling in March isn't officially billed as an update to Nexus One, but its design is similar and it offers improvements over th...
Australian Internet service provider AAPT has launched the country's first residential ADSL2+ broadband plans without a download quota.
Samsung yesterday launched its 2010 notebook range high above Sydney Harbour.
Telstra has upgraded its Next G network to support speeds of up to 42 megabits per second (Mbps) in parts of Australia and has also released a new mobile broadband device to take advantage of the upgrade.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW