With Mark Hurd's sudden resignation, Hewlett-Packard Co. has a golden opportunity to hire a CEO with business savvy in mobile, wireless and smartphone areas, helping give the mature technology behemoth a needed and vital strategic direction.
Originally, .co was just the Internet country code for Colombia. But now it's becoming a popular top-level domain for major global brands such as BMW, Canon, Honda, Nike, Nokia, Pfizer, Sony and Visa.
An economy that continues to stagnate could prove a boon to an increasing number of providers of on-demand <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/159/Mainframes+and+Supercomputers">supercomputing</a> capacity.
Researchers from Rutgers University and University of South Carolina have found that wireless communications between new cars and their tires can be intercepted or even forged.
Texas Instruments on Monday said it will start shipping a new dual-core chip for devices like smartphones and tablets later this year.
While Hewlett-Packard reels from the fallout of its CEO Mark Hurd stepping down, the company can bask in the glory of at least one potentially positive accomplishment: An HP researcher has offered up what he says is a solution to one of the hardest p...
Apple's new iPad casts a "halo" over the older iPhone, with owners of the tablet about twice as likely to want the company's smartphone as consumers who own neither, a Nielsen analyst said today.
Google and Verizon Communications have released a proposal that would give the U.S. Federal Communications Commission limited power to enforce network neutrality rules, including levying fines up to US$2 million for violations by broadband providers.
After delays, Qualcomm will start shipping its fastest Snapdragon dual-core chip for smartphones and tablets in the fourth quarter, with devices possibly launching by the end of this year, the company said on Monday.
Skype SA seeks to raise US$100 million through an initial public offering (IPO) in the U.S., as the Luxembourg-based provider of Internet telephony, video calling and instant messaging communications seeks to diversify and boost its user base and rev...
Liberal MPs Malcolm Turnbull and Paul Fletcher flayed Labor's mandatory internet filter project at an anti-filter forum held by the former Opposition Leader on August 7 in Sydney, where not a single voice was raised in praise of the controversial pol...
Mobile telco VHA today cut the price of its prepaid mobile broadband starter pack from $79 to $49, including 1GB of data.
If there was any hope left that The Beatles' music would appear on iTunes in this lifetime, Yoko Ono just killed it.
Details about a new portable device from Hewlett-Packard emerged on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Web site on Thursday, intensifying speculation about HP's plans for tablets and mobile devices.
Low-cost Android tablets resembling Apple's iconic iPad are on sale through retail sites like eBay for US$50 to $125, though observers say they could be a pain to own since they lack hardware and software support.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Network management vulnerability exposes cable modems to hacking
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Blame terrorists if you get a speeding ticket while driving in France
- If software eats everything, are network engineers on the menu?
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- FTTest Analyst - Application TestingACT
- CCChange AnalystQLD