Samsung has added the Galaxy 3 and Galaxy 5 to its portfolio of Android-based smartphones, it said on Tuesday at CommunicAsia2010 in Singapore. Both phones are on the low-end of the scale when it comes to price and features.
Two home-networking groups have announced new specifications less than a week after the ratification of the G.hn standard for networking over all types of household wires.
The Torch 9800 could well be the name for Research in Motion's upcoming slider smartphone that features both a touch screen and physical keyboard as well as the next BlackBerry operating system.
Sony's E3 2010 press conference was full of big announcements, including two previously unnannounced games (Heroes on the Move and Sorcery), and a release date for Gran Turismo 5.
HP on Tuesday will introduce application testing software based on the company's database archiving technology that enables the use of production data for testing while also protecting that data.
The continuing economic recovery and growing interest in mobile devices will drive PC shipment growth by 19.8 percent this year compared to 2009, IDC said on Tuesday.
IBM will purchase Coremetrics, a provider of Web analytics software, the company announced Tuesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Apple's preordering system for the iPhone 4 appeared overloaded or broken on Tuesday with many complaining they were locked out from ordering the phone online in advance of its June 24 launch. Thousands of those that visited Apple's preorder page at ...
Valve's super-secret E3 surprise turns out to be a bit of crow-munching in the form of Portal 2, its geometry-bending shooter, for Sony's PlayStation 3.
Samsung is second only to Nokia in global cell phone sales, and recently posted record earnings. However, like Nokia, Samsung has had little to offer in terms of next-generation mobile devices like cutting edge smartphones or tablets...until now. Sam...
Which applications should run in the cloud? It's a question asked by many customers today as they decide which workloads to keep in house and which to offload to a third-party service provider. One approach is to start with the apps that give IT head...
Verizon Business is set to announce a cloud-based storage service on Tuesday, leveraging the formidable Verizon Communications global data network as a draw for large enterprises to subscribe.
Nintendo fanboys have shed a collective tear as the Japanese gaming juggernaut announces the new Legend of Zelda, Golden Eye 007 and Golden Dawn games.
An old favourite has been announced as new game for the Nintendo 3DS along with a number of impressive features on the impending handheld.
For many of people, Facebook is the first stop in any Web surfing session. It has developed into a highly engaging combination of online bulletin board, personal scrapbook, and group communication network. But did you ever wonder why, being all thos...
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW